The Al Jazeera reporter was almost certainly killed by indiscriminate hot-headed Palestinian gunmen, but the Palestinian Authority are hiding the evidence by refusing to cooperate with Israel on a forensic examination, or to openly cooperate with an international organization in order to reveal the truth of her death.
Why? What are they hiding?
This is the statement issued by Israel’s Foreign Ministry;
1. This morning, IDF, ISA, and Border Police forces were operating in the Jenin refugee camp and a number of other sites to arrest suspects in terrorist activities.
2. During the operation in Jenin, substantial fire was aimed at the forces, and explosives were also thrown at them. The forces responded with fire. Injuries were sustained among the terrorists. There were no injuries among our forces.
3. An Al Jazeera journalist, Shireen Abu Aqla, was injured and died of her wounds, *but appears to have been hit by Palestinian gunfire, not IDF gunfire*
4. To clarify, there is a video of the terrorists stating, “We hit a soldier, he is lying on the ground”. Given that no IDF soldier was injured as stated, it is possible that they were responsible for harming the journalist: https://twitter.com/israelmfa/
5. This is an environment saturated with terrorists who, unlike IDF soldiers, shoot indiscriminately.
6. We call on the Palestinians to investigate this issue through a joint pathological investigation. The State of Israel is in favour of the truth. *They have refused until this very moment, possibly in order to hide the truth*.
7. We express our sorrow over the death of the journalist, see great importance in the freedom of the press, and work to preserve it. However, caution must be taken when entering and staying in areas in which shootings are carried out by terrorist actors.
Let me add one final point.
Although her death is regretable Miss Abu Agla was not an honest dispassionate journalist in the image of Marrie Colvin.She was a Palestinian propagandist in the service of a news agency with an agenda to see the end of the Jewish State of Israel.
As such, she and the agency she worked for did more to fester hate and division than to herald an era of peace and cooperation.
These are the facts. The IDF is innocent until proven guilty. STOP THE FALSE ANTI-ISRAEL EMOTIONAL NARRATIVE.
The misinformed world must learn the truth.