I’m no conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that the Democrat derangement syndrome among so many of the Democrat and media elites in this country has tracked pretty closely with Trump’s campaign to disentangle our economy from China.
I’m not saying Democrats have actually colluded with China. Obviously, they wouldn’t do to America what China has unwittingly (or not) done just to beat Donald Trump, would they? Well, would they?
Let’s face it, to say the left in this country goes nuts over Trump is like saying the universe is big. Yes, it is big, Lester. And then some.
Consider the progression here.
- Joe Biden is the Obama Administration’s point man on China. He assures Americans that China is our friend, and that they can be trusted.
- China steps up its aggression in the South China Sea, building out islands, stocking them with military and weapons, and claiming them as Chinese territory.
- Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Japan worry about China’s increasingly aggressive behavior in the South China Sea. The Obama Administration waves them off.
- Donald Trump announces his candidacy for president. Much of his campaign is centered on China’s terrible trade record.
- Trump gets elected and moves immediately to pressure China to re-negotiate it’s trade agreements with the United States.
- Even before Trump is sworn in, Democrats and the media launch massive allegations of Russian collusion against Trump. Most of the public allegations come from members of Congress. But more recently we’ve learned it was the Obama’s Administration’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies, apparently with Obama’s knowledge and maybe his direction, who were leaking various unsubstantiated allegations to the press.
- Trump’s trade office imposes steep sanctions on Chinese products intended to force China to negotiate a fair trade deal.
- China starts making noise they intend to curtail Hong Kong’s independence.
- The Russian collusion investigation falls apart after 2 plus years and $40 million spent. Mueller finds no evidence of collusion.
- Democrats launch a Unkraine “quid pro quo” investigation into President Trump on evidence just as shaky as the Russian collusion investigation.
- China finally signs phase one of a new trade agreement. Meanwhile, thanks to the tariffs Trump has imposed, many U.S. companies have started moving their manufacturing from China to neighboring countries like Vietnam or India. Some even expand their U.S. plants.
- Led by Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler; Democrats launch an impeachment against the president. Not one Republican supports the impeachment, but Pelosi who promised a few months earlier she’d never move forward without bi-partisan support, races to impeach.
- As the impeachment hearings make their way to a NOT GUILTY vote in the Senate, we begin hearing about a new and maybe deadly virus which started in Wuhan, China.
- China jails and disappears doctors and journalists who report the increasing presence of the new contagion sweeping through Wuhan.
- The Chinese Communist Regime tells the world “there’s nothing to worry about,” but bars travel between Wuhan and other locales inside China.They do NOT stop those in Wuhan from traveling internationally.
- China claims the virus is not transmissible between humans.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) repeat China’s assertions and praise China for their cooperation and transparency. The WHO continues to praise China and cover up China’s deceit.
- Wisely, Trump bans all travel between China and the United States. He then bans travel from Europe. Trump is heavily criticized by Democrats for these “racist” actions.
- Rumors leak out that maybe the virus didn’t actually start in the wet markets where the Chinese government first claimed, but rather at a Wuhan laboratory where such viruses were studied.
- China’s communist authorities deny any responsibility, claiming it’s “impossible” the virus escaped from their labs. They then concoct an accusation that the U.S. military started the virus and unleashed it on Wuhan.
- Democrats, the media, and the WHO all parrot China’s assertions that the virus could not have possibly started in a lab.
- The virus spreads around the world at an alarming rate and starts to take root in the U.S. President Trump is forced to shut down much of the American economy.
- More than 35 million Americans will apply for unemployment benefits over the following 8 weeks. Democrats refuse to cooperate with Republicans and slow-walk relief to small business owners, and working families.
- Instead of joining in bi-partisan fashion to provide relief to hard hit families, Democrats offer their own “relief” plans that seek to curtail free markets and give government far greater control over the economy.
- Democrats continue repeating the Chinese government’s propaganda points that calling the virus the Chinese or Wuhan virus is “racist” and xenophobic. Senator Kamala Harris introduces a measure in the Senate that would categorize such naming a HATE CRIME. Fellow Democrats and the media quickly rally to the cause even though no one disagrees the virus started in Wuhan, China.
- More than 100,000 Americans die from Covid-19.
- The president suspends U.S. contributions to the WHO and launches an investigation into WHO’s complicity with China. Democrats squeal.
- Blue states primarily controlled by Democrats slow walk reopening even though their residents are suffering from deferred medical attention, higher rates of suicide, greater spousal abuse; and an increasing number of small business bankruptcies.
- China decides Hong Kong will no longer be an autonomous city.Rather than “one country, two systems,” there will be one system controlled by the communist regime in Beijing.
- Democrats and the media increasingly blame Trump for the deaths caused by the Wuhan Virus. They also blame him for the crashing economy, government lockdowns, and eroding freedoms.
- Democrats launch their campaign against Trump’s re-election based on how his handling of the Chinese Virus and the shattered economy. The Chinese are elated that Democrats are finally making political headway against Trump, and that their old friend from the Obama Administration, Joe Biden, may end up in the White House.
In the words of Perry Mason, “it’s all circumstantial.” And it’s likely Democrats and the Communist government of China are getting along these day more because they share a hate for Trump than a love for one another.
Still, Democrats seem quick to adopt the talking points of the Chinese Community government despite the inherent deceit and anti-American intent that motivates the regime. It’s a mistake they’ll likely regret.
As the great Chinese philosopher Lu Run wrote, “Lies written in ink can never disguise facts written in blood.”
Or, as that other wise movie detective, Charlie Chan, once said, “Man who ride tiger, cannot dismount.”