Since August, while the rest of us have been living our lives grounded in reality, the left have been moving further and further into fantasy land toying with the idea of impeachment. This week Pelosi and the Democratic controlled House voted to set the rules and procedures for a public impeachment hearing. In the end it will fail for several reasons:
- First, and quite simply, they have nothing. Trump executed a brilliant pre-emptive strike by releasing the transcript of the Ukrainian call. But Adam Schiff proceeded anyway reading his own concocted analysis of it. Thanks to the fact that we already had the transcript, it was easy to see that Adam was full of Schiff. When confronted on it he claimed he was doing a parody. Well, attempting to impeach someone is not funny. But the word “parody” is an apt term to describe the complete clown show in the Democrat controlled House. Watching Pelosi and Schiff is like watching the old Carol Burnett skits with Max and Nora Desmond.
- Public opinion is not in favor of impeachment. I know the media gleefully reports polls that show it close to 50-50 but you can make polls say whatever you want. And to this point no “official” impeachment steps have been taken. If they are, public sentiment will not be with it. The economy is booming. Folks are not going to want that to change.
- If the House does vote to impeach, it will go to the Senate where it will fail despite spineless Republicans like Mitt Romney. Personally I think it would be great if McConnell held a trial. It would force the Democrat Senators who are running for President to suspend their campaign and attend. The country would benefit tremendously from that. And Trump would be able to mount a defense and call his own witnesses. Certain truths would come out that the left doesn’t want revealed. So that is why I seriously doubt it will ever get that far.
So why do it? Why put your own party at risk?
- First, they are insane. They still cannot cope with the fact that Trump won the 2016 election. That is the engine that drives all their irrational opposition to him. It’s hilarious to reflect on the media’s reaction when Trump refused to answer the question of whether he would accept defeat during the 2016 campaign. Here it is, almost 3 years later and they are the ones who STILL cannot accept it. Poor Hillary Clinton is now seeing Russians everywhere having accused Tulsi Gabbard of being in league with them.
- It is a race against time. AG Barr and John Durham have escalated the probe of the 2016 dossier/spying on Trump into a criminal one. That is significant. The left need to somehow discredit Barr through Trump before all this comes to light. A pseudo impeachment would give an opening to the left to say that Barr’s report is just retaliation for trying to impeach Trump. Yes it is irrational, stupid and desperate but that’s where the left is right now. The walls are closing in on THEM, not Trump.
- The Democrats have to pander to their radical base who want Trump gone by whatever means necessary. The Squad is now essentially running the party, at least in the House. Trump stands in the way of the implementation of their socialist agenda. He must be stopped. The problem is that the people they represent are in the minority despite what the media would have us believe.
- A diversion. If you’ve followed any of the Democrat debates you know how radical all the candidates are. So radical that they make Tulsi Gabbard look like a conservative in comparison. They know this will not play well in middle America so they have to divert attention from their candidates and onto Trump. And impeachment is the most effective way to do that. And of course the media promptly echoes it because they are partisan and unable to have independent thought (or if they do they are attacked).
- This is a great warning sign to any future Republican of what to expect if they run for President. It extends to future Supreme Court nominees and pretty much anyone who supports Trump currently. This has boomeranged on them big time. They have inadvertently created an unshakable bond between Trump and his supporters (and created new ones that were perhaps ambivalent or tepid in 2016). They have totally exposed themselves for who they are. And it’s ugly. It reminds me of the V mini-series when the aliens were revealed as reptiles.
- Trump is taking a wrecking ball to the globalists and deep state. He must be taken out before he completely dismantles their agenda. Look at how the Neo-cons (who are mostly Republican) react to every change in foreign policy. Poor Max Boot and Bill Kristol are close to needing straight jackets. As I discussed in my last article, they cannot give Trump any credit for taking out the leader of ISIS. These are the same folks who have been advocating the same foreign policies that have failed for decades, often at the cost of American lives.
- Lastly, I think the left have been so successful in causing Republicans to cower in fear they thought they could eventually wear Trump down. They are wrong. There is no reverse in Trump. If you attack him he is going to counter-attack twice as hard. The political battlefield is filled with casualties. I know a lot of people wish Trump would ease up some. I disagree. This is political warfare and it’s not a place for platitudes and niceties. Should the Green Bay Packers ease up on their opponents because they might offend someone? Trump is fighting for ALL of us. If you haven’t realized it by now, they would do the exact same thing to each one of us if we were in Trump’s shoes. They hate us for supporting him.As Margaret Thatcher once said, “This is no time to go wobbly”. And never forget that this process is an attempt to nullify your vote in 2016. Let’s make sure they hear us in 2020.