I don’t know what evil deed I committed to obtain my place on the DNC’s fundraising mail list, but whatever it was I regret it deeply. In the event you are not so unfortunate, let me share with you the survey I just received from the Democrat National Committee (DNC.)
The survey I received was clearly not intended in any way for a non-biased response, or even a liberal bent. Nope. It’s an out and out pander to the true socialist believers who make up the core of the base of Democrat small dollar donors these days.
To wit, here are examples of their questions. (Translation, courtesy of me.)
When asked about the respondents priorities:
- Achieving universal health care (Translation = Socialized, government run, health care.)
- Protecting voting rights (Translation = no ID required to vote.)
- Enacting commonsense gun safety (Translation = taking our guns.)
- Protecting public schools (Translation = abolish charter schools.)
Seriously, it’s like they’re speaking a foreign language. They say something that looks like English, and even sounds pretty good on the surface, but that’s not at all what they mean.
Universal health care? Really. Why not just say, “Government run socialist medicine?”
Protect voting rights? What does that even mean? Are they saying you and I as conservatives want to deny people the right to vote? It’s ridiculous. Sure, I’d like to deny people the right to vote over and over in the same election. I’d like to deny people the right to vote who aren’t actually citizens of the country. But that’s not denying voting rights. One citizen, one vote. That’s the right. It’s not one illegal immigrant, one vote. And it’s not one citizen, multiple votes.
Gun safety and protecting our schools are my favorites though. On the surface, it makes perfect sense to say real gun safety only comes when you take everyone’s gun. But wait. Is it really safe if the only people who don’t have guns are the law-abiding who turned their guns in? Is it safe when the only people who do have guns are violent criminals who refused to turn over their guns? Are the citizens of Venezuela safer because in that country only the military has guns? So yeah, I support gun safety. To me that means the only way to stop a violent criminal with a gun is to make sure law abiding citizens have guns.
And when they say “protect our schools,” who’s schools exactly are they talking about? They’re certainly not talking about the tens of thousands of minority families who’s children happily attend high-performing, non-union, charter schools. Or the many thousands more minority families who are on waiting lists for those schools because Democrats won’t approve charter expansion. No. The schools they want to protect are those where teacher unions rule. The worst schools in America. Do I want to protect those schools? Do you?
Then they ask which Republican policies do you find most troubling:
- Replacing the affordable care act (Translation – let’s keep Obamacare even if doesn’t work and it costs more.)
- Deportation of law abiding immigrants (Translation = It’s fine if illegals get welfare, food stamps, free healthcare and free education; but refuse to integrate into American culture and values.)
- Creating ‘voucher’ programs (Translation = support teacher-union schools even if they’re doing a rotten job educating our children; and stop charter and private schools no matter how good they are.)
- Loosening of restrictions on Wall Street and banks (Translation = Let’s clamp down with government regulation so banks can’t lend and business can’t grow because people have too much economic prosperity.)
You can see how Democrats will govern if they take the White House and win both houses of Congress. Government health care, open borders, citizenship for all illegals, no school choice and job killing regulations on business.
They then ask what aspects of the Trump presidency do you find most disturbing?
- His erratic behavior (Translation = Trump is the first modern president who actually says what he thinks.)
- His attacks on women (Translation = he clearly hates women even though more women are prospering under his leadership than ever.)
- His reckless and dangerous foreign policy position (Translation = Trump refuses to lead from behind and is actually standing up to Iran, Russia, North Korea, and China rather than being bullied by them like Obama.)
- His offensive and reckless rhetoric (Translation = Trump tells America the truth about us Democrats.)
- His opposition to women’s reproductive freedom (Translation = Trump opposes abortion, especially in the final weeks before birth.)
Then their survey asks what you’d like to see a Democratic president do once elected in 2020.
- Improve the Affordable Care Act and lower health costs (Translation = Pass full-on socialist government run health care.)
- Ensuring the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes (Translation = stick it to the rich, or anyone else who has a buck.)
- Reining in Wall Street and fixing our financial system (Translation = tighten the screws on business with more regulation, require workers be appointed to their Board of Directors, and give government bureaucrats more control over what they make, what they charge, and to whom they sell.)
- Protect and strengthen our public school system (Translation = get rid of school choice and give teachers unions even more control over schools.)
- Fighting against economic inequality (Translation = Take from those who have money and give it to those who are reliable Democrat voters.)
Everywhere you turn the Democrats-turned-socialists want to control as much as your life as possible. They don’t care about you, your family, or your future; they only care about getting and keeping power.
If you care at all about freedom, prosperity, and justice; then Democrats ought to scare the hell out of you. If they don’t, then you’re not paying attention.