I have been a Virginia native my entire life. It’s the home of Jamestown, Yorktown and Appomattox. It’s the state that boasts of several early U.S. Presidents. Shoot, it was even known as the “State for Lover’s” in an tourist campaign during the 70’s. But as Three Dog Night once said, “I seen so many things I ain’t never seen before” in the last week. It has been utter political chaos.
To review so far:
- In promoting a revision to the state’s abortion law, Governor Northam exposed the radical leftist ideology that would allow infanticide. While there was a outcry among pro-life conservatives, for the most part the media ignored the story.
- Two days later a picture surfaced from Northam’s college yearbook of him either in black face or a KKK robe and hood. Just a coincidence, right? The shocking thing about this was how quickly the left attacked Northam and asked him to resign. As I wrote about previously, this reaction was not about race but about his slip of the tongue on abortion.
- Northam initially apologized for the picture then reversed course and said it wasn’t him. He even suggested they use facial recognition software to prove his innocence! No one is sure how that would work on the person under the robe and hood. To this point Northam has stood his ground despite repeated calls for his resignation from his own party.
- Now it gets even more bizarre. Enter Justin Fairfax, the Lieutenant Governor and next in line should Northam resign. During the brouhaha over Northam, a story surfaced about an allegation of sexual assault against Fairfax. Oh my! This allegation stems from 2004 during the Democratic Convention. The woman (who we have learned is Vanessa Tyson) claims Fairfax forced himself on her. He says it was consensual. As that year’s nominee John Kerry might have said, maybe it WAS consensual until it wasn’t. Anyway, what we have here is pretty much a “she said/he said” scenario.
(It’s the most curious thing though. Since this story came out I haven’t heard a peep from prominent Democrats like Feinstein or Harris. No support for the woman or praising her courage for coming forward. No calls from the #MeToo movement demanding she be believed. Nothing. No profanity laced tweet storms from Cher, Kathy Griffin, Alyssa Milano or Michael Moore. I just don’t understand. I mean, her allegations meet the measure set by Anita Hill and Christine Blasey Ford. They wouldn’t be hypocritical. Would they?)
We’re not done yet.
- Fairfax then implied that Northam was behind the leaking of the accused sexual allegation and jumped on the racist bandwagon. The Northam administration denied the accusation stating they had their hands full already. That’s probably the most plausible thing I’ve heard so far!
- Then Fairfax switched gears and blamed a potential primary opponent in 2021 for governor. This is quite the spectacle! And just so you know, no Republican is involved in ANY of this. Why get involved when your opposition is destroying itself. Although at some point the left will attempt to turn all this against Trump I am sure.
But the last bit of news is the best. Ms. Tyson, who lives in California, has hired the law firm of Katz, Marshall and Banks. If that name rings a bell, it’s because that is the law firm that represented Christy Blasy Ford! As William Shatner once said, “irony can be pretty ironic sometimes”.
So to sum up:
The left has been totally exposed in their radical abortion agenda.
One of their governors has been exposed as being a racist.
The current LG has been accused of sexual assault.
The accuser has hired the same law firm that attempted to destroy Bret Kavanaugh.
The left is in a real pickle. Do they stay with the guy who they’ve slammed the last several days for being a racist? Or do they force him aside in favor of someone who has been accused of sexual assault? Either way they go, they prove themselves hypocrites.
Could there be any better example of reaping what you sow?
UPDATE: It has now gotten crazier. Mark Herring, the Virginia AG (and a Democrat) now says he ALSO put on blackface in college. Are you kidding me???
Virginia House Speaker Kirk Cox called on Attorney General Mark Herring to resign Wednesday, noting that Herring called on Gov. Ralph Northam to resign for wearing blackface. Herring admitted to wearing blackface on Wednesday.
I ask this question somewhat rhetorically, but is there a Democrat in Statewide Office in Virginia who is NOT a racist, an accused sexual assaulter or in favor of infanticide? If the Republicans don’t win in 2021 they might as well just give up.
Speaking of sexual assault, Justin Fairfax has been called on to resign by NOW. Finally a reaction to this from the left. Took them long enough.