Post-Analysis of the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination
After a long and despicable battle brought on by the left, Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed and sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice. As they used to say, it’s all over but the shouting. Of course we saw this in the Senate chambers over the last few days from leftist protestors. Someone should warn the sky that there may be a lot of people shouting at it soon.
As I watched this drama unfold, there were several takeaways for me:
- The Democrats utterly disgusting tactics succeeded in doing something almost unthinkable: they have united the pro and anti Trump wings of the Republican Party. Just in time for the mid-terms. George W. Bush even got involved and assuaged the fears of some Senators. And vocal anti-Trumper Erick Erickson is now favoring Trump in 2020. Well done Democrats! Of course there were some exceptions. John Kasich of Ohio said he would not support the nominee. He apparently forgot that he is NOT a U.S. Senator. He also said the victory would likely be short lived – unless of course we all come together and sing “I’d like to teach the world to sing”. Can we just call him the “Debbie Downer” of the Republican Party? Oh, and in case you missed it the 500 times before, Kasich’ father was a mailman.
- Jeff Flake’s request to have the FBI investigate yet again after wilting under pressure from a trained protester was frustrating but in the end fortuitously helped Kavanaugh’s cause. It gave cover to Susan Collins and himself. And after the FBI found no corroboration of Ford’s accusation, the same Democrats who called for the FBI investigation in Borg-like fashion were reduced to complaining that Kavanaugh drank too much or wasn’t qualified to serve on the court because he was a big old meanie to the Senators who were trying to destroy him. Waaa Waaa Waaa.
- One of the most amazing thing to come out of this was the speech Susan Collins gave on the Senate floor when announcing her decision to vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh. It was a systematic and devastating critique of the left’s attempt to destroy Kavanaugh. It was also a rigorous defense of the rule of law. She laid out the history of Kavanaugh’s nomination from the moment he was announced all the way through to the false accusations. It was one of the best speeches I have ever heard and one which made me proud to be an American (and a Republican). And I think it’s very fitting that it came from a woman, a rather moderate to liberal one at that (and also because she was targeted a few weeks ago and threatened that millions of dollars would be given to her next opponent, whoever that may be). And no sooner had she finished, the left went after her and exposed themselves as the hypocrites they are. You know, the folks who lecture us about misogyny, bullying etc. And they are totally pro-choice as long as that choice aligns with theirs.Here are a few examples of the tolerant and loving liberals. The “F” word figured prominently (and I don’t mean “Fantastic”). It appears to be Kathy Griffins favorite word:
F*** YOUUUUUU @SenatorCollins
Did everyone get that? Not just YOU but YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU as if that makes it worse!
To quote @madeleine: “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
GO TO HELL
I would just like to point out that the comment about hell would also apply to people like Ashley Judd and many others who knew about Weinstein but did NOTHING.
George Takei: “As a Buddhist it is my practice to have compassion for all people. But @SenatorCollins is really testing my limits right now.”
Oh, so that’s why you called Clarence Thomas a clown in blackface. Because, you know, compassion and all.
Debra Messing: I am sick.
Yeah, and we’re sick of hearing from you.
Barbara Streisand: “The fix was in. The Republicans made sure we never saw Kavanaugh’s record from the White House, made sure the FBI never interviewed the relevant witnesses, and allowed Kavanaugh to lie repeatedly under oath. This is a national disgrace.”
People, people needing people….
Danny Zucker: “At least Trump never pretends he’s anything other than a vile, heartless coward. Congrats on the legacy. Your opponent has my full support.”
And once I find out WHO that is and WHEN the election is, you’ll be in a lot of trouble!
Ike Barinholtz: “Susan Collins will spend the rest of her life getting screamed at every single time she steps foot in public. But that’s not enough! Reach out to EVERY SINGLE person in your orbit and make sure they are registered to vote and bounce these ancient f***”
Can’t you just feel the love emanating from this wonderful ideology called liberalism?
- What in the world has gotten into Lindsey Graham??? This man is on fire! And he’s not even up for reelection until 2020! I’ve often thought that most of what we see from politicians is pretty much an acting job for public consumption. But it doesn’t appear to be so in this case – but you can judge for yourself. Maybe we should call him The Political Hulk. At any rate, I wouldn’t want to make him angry right now.“I’ve never campaigned against a colleague in my life. That’s about to change. I’m going to go throughout this country and let people in these purple states, red states, where Trump won know what I thought, know what I think about this process. I am happy that those who try to destroy his life fell short. I’m glad that those who try to overturn the rule of law and replace it with mob rule lost. I’ve never been more pissed in my life. This is character assassination. This is wanting power too much. To the extent that I came to the aid of this good man and help defeat this debacle, I am happy as a clam.”
- The rule of law and the presumption that someone is innocent until proven guilty came under intense assault. It was like a battering ram against a weakening fortress. The fact that Susan Collins even had to make that speech is cause for alarm. Rule of law prevailed this time. But the left will try it again in the future just like they did with Clarence Thomas. How long will the fort hold? They have also hurt the cause of women who are victims of sexual assault. You can only cry wolf so often before people stop listening. The left has used the racist card so many times that it has no meaning anymore. I’m actually surprised they didn’t use it against Kavanaugh.
- The media has totally vindicated everything President Trump has said about them. They are fake news and they are an enemy. They reported Ford’s allegations with little if any scrutiny of its validity. There is very little real investigative journalism being done on any of the TV networks or at major newspapers. They just vomit out the latest leftist talking points.
- It is incredible how far the left will go in their mad desire for abortion rights. As I have stated previously, this is a liberal sacrament. And this is really what this all came down to. What it always comes down to. They will not quit. If Amy Barrett is ever nominated they will find a way to savagely attack her as well. Hopefully by then the GOP will have a large enough majority that the nation is not put through this again.
- For once the GOP as a whole was totally in sync with their base that have been wanting them to grow a backbone and push back against the left. In this case they did. They fought for this nomination tooth and nail. It was nice to see. Kudos to Charles Grassley and Mitch McConnell for their leadership. It’s not often that I say that. But only time will if their backbone is permanent or not.
- Michael Avenatti and Julie Swetnick’s accusation of gang rape was so over the top it boomeranged spectacularly on them and the left. Are we really supposed to believe that this woman went to TEN parties knowing this was happening???? Even NBC had a hard time trying to make something out of that complete and total mess. It looks like the Democrats are going to use him as their scapegoat. Problem is, their base supports Avenatti because he hates Trump.
- Kamala Harris has used this to her benefit politically in fundraising and presidential aspirations. And she’s heading to Iowa soon. At this point she figures to play a major role in 2020. But she does have Spartacus and Fauxahontas looking over her shoulder. Perhaps Avenatti as well. Calling Joe Biden, calling Joe Biden.
- Unlike Collins, Lisa Murkowski wimped out. She said Kavanaugh was a good man but not the right man for the court right now. What??? So, if he’s a good man then you obviously don’t believe he sexually assaulted any of the women. Good men don’t do that. And if he is a good man then why is he wrong at this time? He has impeccable credentials. Is it because of the fiasco surrounding his nomination brought on by the Democrats? Murkowski has twisted logic into a pretzel. It’s gibberish and should be rewarded with an early retirement for her in 2022.She has given in to mob rule. The best line of the last week came from Sara Palin in her reaction to Murkowski’s decision on Kavanaugh: “I can see 2022 from my house”.
Brett Kavanaugh has been sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice. Barring any health issues he will likely serve on the court for a quarter century. But the Kavanaugh Victory is just one battle in a larger political war. The left is not going to let this go. If they regain the House they will move to impeach Kavanaugh (and Trump). That’s why it is imperative on those of us who respect the rule of law to get out and vote next month and continue what we started in 2016. The left must not be allowed to have power in any capacity. Their behavior during the Kavanaugh nomination demonstrates just how irrational, hateful and dangerous they are.