So it looks like this week we’re back to the “Trump is a racist” meme of the left. The Mueller investigation must not be going well.
I was at the auto shop yesterday morning getting the oil changed in my car and the TV was on NBC. And unfortunately I had to watch the interview with Omarosa whether I wanted to or not. It was just more verification that my decision years ago to stop watching mainstream TV news was the correct one.
So this woman has a book coming out and she’s on TV bashing Trump. Wow, what originality! That’s never been done before!. It’s a sad commentary on our society that people have to make salacious and outrageous accusations in order to sell a book. The content can’t just stand on it’s own (of course that is par for the course for the left).
To say that her story has holes in it is an understatement. Even NPR (N-P-R!!) couldn’t stomach it. And since many others have written on this I’ll just do a short re-cap of her accusations that has the press all a-twitter:
- Omarosa heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard on a tape that Trump used the “N” word. I hope I didn’t just plagiarize REO Speedwagon.
- Omarosa was fired because Trump is a racist (implied)
- Trump is like, you know, a really really really not so nice person. That she can tell you.
- Trump is like, so not in control and John Kelly (among others) is running things.
- I have secret tapes given to me by the ghost of Richard Nixon that I plan to use to destroy Trump.
Satire, yes, but not far off the mark I think. But I do have a couple of observations.
- Trump should not use the “N” word. Calling Pelosi a nincompoop is not nice (even if it IS accurate).
- I wonder if Omarosa is confusing it with Jackie Chan using the “N” word in “Rush Hour”. He and Trump are so similar you know.
- OK, follow me here. Trump is such a racist that he hired Omarosa (who, if you haven’t guessed by now is black) for his YUGE TV Show, “The Apprentice”. Then he brought her to work in the White House. And then when he heard she had been fired, he expressed sadness that she was gone. Yep, he is the worst racist among all racists. Worse than the Abominable Snowman.
- If John Kelly is in control of things and not Trump, then how is Trump a tin-plated overbearing, swaggering dictator with delusions of godhood? OK, I admit I got that from the Star Trek episode “The Trouble with Tribbles” but it’s essentially what the left says about Trump. Thankfully she did NOT call Air Force One a garbage scow!
- Richard Nixon’s ghost said “I had absolutely nothing to do with that” while making the V sign (I’m currently reading Nixon’s memoirs so that is on my brain).
To be serious for a moment, why all this and why now? A couple of reasons:
- She has a book to sale, obviously. Even if you have to lie. And since Michael Wolf and James Comey have sucked a lot of oxygen out of the market with their alternate versions of reality, Omarosa had to up the ante. She may indeed think she is freely expressing herself but all she is really doing is surrendering to an ideology that keeps people in mental plantations.
- Trump’s economic policy has led to improvement in the black community. Unemployment, as Elvis might say, is “way down…way on down”. Wages are up. And Trump’s support has increased to about 30%. The left cannot tolerate this. If Trump got even 20% of the black vote in 2020 it would result in a massive landslide. Thus the return to the racist narrative. It’s what they do because they can’t run on the issues like the economy because Trump has beaten them on it. In fact the left never runs on issues. All they do is attack one’s character. But this strategy won’t work because tangible results have already been felt by too many people. The left’s worst fears have been realized. They have been beaten at their own game by an outsider.
Of course we’ve seen all this before about 26 years ago. Omarosa is just the 2018 version of Anita Hill.