For the life of me, I don’t understand why any American citizen would out right fight against anyone who is in support of creating more jobs, which means that unemployed American citizens will have that was once lost opportunity back. More jobs will not be possible, if business owners cannot afford to create them in the first place. You simply cannot complain about there being no jobs and then refuse the conditions for those same jobs to be created, and while I’m at it, why wouldn’t anyone want taxes on the American citizen to be cut and lowered? Why complain and try to stop elected officials, even if from an opposition party, from doing what’s right for all Americans; why not let them take credit for the good, and continue to debate only that which is bad.
Frederick Douglas once said, “I would unite with anyone to do right and with nobody to do wrong.” We seem to have forgotten what the “United” means in this nation of ours. Why would the media or anyone be upset about taking down and bringing to justice anyone, who is actually corrupt in our government, no matter which side of the isle or which department they reside in. Instead they seem to be only caring about keeping score and further dividing what is supposed to be “One Nation Under God”. I believe that what Langston Hughes the famous black poet said is true, “America, the land that never has been, yet, and yet must be.” But even though the “One” has not been reached yet, to it’s fullest, as it was truly envisioned to be; it still must be worked for and not purposely segregated into categories of people, and prevented from happening out of spite.
Why then thwart the preservation of our sovereignty by not securing the borders where the protection of said liberties begin and are secured? We simply cannot hold all of the Earth’s population, nor be the planet’s police, but we can protect our culture and be an example for the rest of the world to emulate, but without borders and not protecting the example of We The People, we cease to be a nation. Putting America first enhances our ability to continue the mission of one people, one race, “the human race” in our united Republic.
Let’s take a look at our year in review and hope we have more continued Republic saving actions for the American people in 2018; like him or not, President Trump has is doing right by the American people. Lets start with the most recent as of last week of December 2017, the national security strategy report. For the first time since the 9/11 attacks, our President addressed and will protect our power grids from any EMP attack, and our atmospheric border will be protected. Former Presidents, Bush and Obama did not act on this very foundational needed security.
The National Unemployment rate in January of 2017 started off at 4.8% and by November fell to 4.1%. It may not seem like much to many, but in November alone, 228,000 jobs were created according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and job growth increased in professional and business services, manufacturing and healthcare.
- For Latinos and Hispanics the lowest levels on record were reached since 1973 at 4.7%! Be joyous about this.
- For Blacks it has been to the lowest levels on record since 2000 at 7.3%, that is the lowest it has been for 17 years! Be happy.
- From the Bureau of Economic Analysis report, the fourth quarter of 2016 GDP increase was 2.1%. The Third quarter of 2017 GDP growth report was 3.3% and better than any prior experts predictions, which stated it would be impossible to get this kind of growth so quickly. Yahoo Finance reports that the manufacturing employment has never boomed this much, in fact, it says that the 2.6% is the lowest ever recorded!
- ISIS powers were growing and doing more damage to nations and completely eliminating Christian populations and historical structures worldwide. In 2017, President Trump gave the generals’ input attention, and loosened their previous barriers to accomplish the mission to defeat ISIS outright. In December 2017, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi declared victory over ISIS and their caliphate. As The New York Times called it, “It’s a legitimate major accomplishment.”
- Recently, Senator Grassley pointed out, that to date, President Trump has appointed more circuit judges in the entire history of our country, in his first year as president, than any other. Many progressives won’t think of this as a huge accomplishment, but I celebrate with the Senator, and feel privileged to have set in, on the questioning of Justice Gorsuch in Washington D.C.
- The tax plan that was just passed is in no way perfect for me either, however, prior to 2025 when the individual changes expire, I hope this tax plan will be used as a transition to a future flat tax and eventually to a fair tax. The three best things in this plan to me are: that there will be no more penalty for NOT purchasing a healthcare plan forced on us by the government, which is huge; it cuts corporate tax rate from 35 to 21%, great for all of America, not just the 1%. Why? Job creation is coming. Lastly, it doubles the child tax credit from $1000 to $2000, plus $500 for every non-child dependent, helping families who take care of the elderly; huge benefit.
- Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, all campaigned and promised to acknowledge Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, but all lied, and did not have the courage to do so, as President Trump has done in 2017.
- In November the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at over 24,000 for the first time in history.
- Reuters reports that in November, U.S. home sales hit it’s highest in 11 years, way more than what was expected.
Here’s to continued successes in 2018, and my biggest hope is a direct FBI house cleaning of corrupt hierarchy, and a continued process that rids congress of all their special exemptions.