President Trump’s adviser, Kellyanne Conway, cited Bowling Green terrorists’ incident as “Bowling Green massacre” and used the word “ban” rather than “freeze” in an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews.
“I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a 6-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre.”
Conway was referring to a report that even Breitbart.com covered recently and ABC initially:
According to Breitbart.com:
“. . . in 2013, ABC News first revealed that two years earlier, the State Department had imposed a freeze over the processing of Iraqi refugees for six months. The halt was the result of the discovery of two al-Qaida members [a terrorist organization] admitted as refugees from Iraq who were living in Bowling Green, Kentucky and who had admitted to targeting U.S. troops in Iraq.”
ABC News reported on the six month refugee freeze:
“As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets.”
Regardless, news outlets jumped on Conway’s phrasing and the rape began:
- USA Today reported Friday that Conway explained she misspoke when using the term massacre. In a tweet that links to an ABC News article, she meant to say “Bowling Green terrorists.”
- That did not stop the ravaging of her phrasing.
- Leftist news outlets’ joining the news rape include:
- WashingtonPost.com: Kellyanne Conway cites ‘Bowling Green massacre’ that never happened to defend ban
- NPR.org: Bogus ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ Claim Snarls Trump Adviser Conway
- NBCNews.com: Kellyanne Conway Cites ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ — Which Never Occurred
- USMagazine.com: Kellyanne Conway Backtracks After Citing ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ That Never Happened to Defend Trump Ban
- Time.com: Twitter Mocks Kellyanne Conway’s False ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ Comments
- Huffingtonpost.com: Kellyanne Conway’s Mention Of ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ Sparks ACLU Donation Site
- NYDailyNews.com: Kellyanne Conway’s faux massacre mocked by city of Bowling Green, sparks questions of where to send sympathy flowers
- Aljazeera.com: Trump aide mocked after ‘Bowling Green massacre’ lie
- TheDailyBeast.com: Kellyanne Conway Cites Fake Bowling Green Massacre
Where was this same media outlets when Obama misspoke?
Here are some just from 2008 – 2011:
- Obama tells business owners and entrepreneurs “If you got a business, you didn’t build that, you didn’t make it on your own”
- During what Obama himself calls “2nd Great Depression” and “worst recession in 70 years” he has played over 100 rounds of golf, staged 110 fundraisers and gone on 5 vacations
- During worst recession in 70 years President Obama said, “the private sector is doing fine”
- Obama calls Navy Corpsman (pr. core-man) “corpse-man”
- Obama says there are “57 States”
- Obama claimed that “America built the Intercontinental Railroad”
- Obama says that he bowled a 129 and compared it to the Special Olympics
- Obama said, “John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith”
- On Memorial Day Obama said, “I see many of the fallen heroes in the audience here today as we celebrate Memorial Day”
- In a speech in Kansas Obama that said, “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed,” –referring to a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people. Oops, a bit overstated?
- Obama said his “Obamacare reforms we seek would bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system.” YIKES! A major Freudian slip in all its glory!
Today’s media would greatly benefit from CBS journalist and anchor Bob Schieffer’s advice:
“I had the chance to make every possible mistake and figure out a way to recover from it. Once you realize there is life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.” ― This Just in: What I Couldn’t Tell You on TV