This Election has caused me to completely redefine not only how I view politics, but also how I view the world. I had no idea what was going on, but I have come to realize a great many things in the last 18 months. The hardest thing to admit is that I was utterly clueless about the actual situation. I had no idea what was at stake, but right now, it’s hard to ignore the grave dangers faced by the United States. It was a slow process, but step by step I have seen how everything has built up:
- The First Amendment is under assault. Political correctness is totally out of hand. There is a major difference using free speech to incite hatred or violence against others and simply having a personal opinion. The rule should be ‘I will leave you alone, if you leave me alone.’ I had gradually become more and more irritated with political correctness. It’s as though all speech is now subject to censorship.
- The mainstream media has dropped all pretense of impartiality. They have granted one Presidential candidate almost total control over what they report. We now have what is tantamount to a state-controlled media. Period. In theory, the press should serve a vitally important role in a democracy. They have the means to monitor politicians and bureaucrats. While it is up to the voters to decide policy through those they elect, it is the duty of the press to hold government accountable in an impartial manner. Ethics has been thrown out the window. It’s easy to look good in an interview or debate if you already have the questions in advance.
- Why have news outlets abandoned journalistic integrity? The only apparent answer to me is that mainstream news outlets are typically subunits of much larger enterprises who have a larger agenda. At one time this would have sounded crazy, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that Clinton, people of extreme wealth, large corporations, foreign governments, and others are in cahoots. Most of what I read and hear through mainstream media is nothing more than Hillary propaganda. The connection between Clinton and her collaborators is evident when looking at her campaign contributions and contributions to the Clinton Foundation.
- If I took mainstream media at face value the only possible conclusion I could draw is that Clinton will not only win the election, but will win easily. Furthermore, her Presidency will usher in a new era of prosperity for all of America. Fortunately, private citizens, smaller independent news operations, and Wikileaks have provided overwhelming evidence as to the level of corruption associated not only with Hillary but the entire Democratic Party leadership. I also have no reason to rule out the possibility that Republican politicians aren’t a part of the larger plan as well. Why would the Bush family suddenly begin supporting the Clintons? Why do some GOP members bash Trump? I find it very suspicious and very alarming. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t rule out the possibility of election fraud? At this point, all the rules have been thrown out.
- From a big picture perspective, I don’t think it is a stretch to conclude that there is massive corruption in government, if not outright treason. It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to make some very basic observations. The Clintons have become fabulously wealthy despite the fact their careers have been in government. You don’t get rich serving the interests of the citizens, so whose interests are they serving? In all probability, Clinton used her position as Secretary of State to sell favors to the highest bidder (i.e. pay for play). Payments took the form of donations to the Clinton Foundation. Her private e-mail server represents a deliberate attempt to conceal the fraud as well as reckless disregard for sensitive information. It’s almost certain that President Obama is culpable in the scheme as well. Surely he was aware of the situation. This means a would-be President, a former President, and the sitting President are in all probability guilty of high treason.
- Exhibit A in making the case that Hillary has engaged in espionage is her relationship with Huma Abedin. One can reasonably infer she has connections to fanatic Muslims. Since we no longer have a functional press, no one has scrutinized her ties and the possibility she could very well be a Saudi spy. However, she may ultimately prove to be the Achilles heel of a concerted effort to destroy America.
- If one considers all of this, the threat to our Republic is clear. President Obama has stated “we are no longer a Christian nation.” To me that is asking the Almighty to unleash his wrath on this country. I believe in the separation of church in state, but I also know it would be disastrous to turn away from Christian principles. Obama has refused to enforce immigration laws. If our nation suddenly becomes overrun with illegal immigrants and the population has vastly different religions and backgrounds, how are we supposed to represent one unified people with a common purpose? The concept of what it means to be American, what it means to be patriotic, what it means to be free, starts to become less clear.
I think our country as at a defining moment and the strength of the Republic is about to face its greatest test.
As I have seen events unfold, I gradually came to see Donald Trump in a different light. I’m not going to blindly agree with everything he does but I can’t deny what he represents either. Perhaps he grasped what the majority of us weren’t seeing. Its undeniable to me at this point that Trump is the right man at the right time in history. He is the only man who could have defied political correctness, withstood an unprecedented media onslaught, confronted Hillary with the truth and still be standing at this point.
Moreover, Donald Trump has caused many to rediscover their sense of patriotism and American pride. He has inspired people. I guess it really doesn’t matter who gets us to rally around the flag as long as somebody does it.
In retrospect, the situation never called for a saintly leader–but it did call for an outsider. Trump has endured endless attacks by the media and others and we are constantly reminded of his flaws. My hope is that Trump’s flaws (real and imagined) will serve to limit his powers as President in a constructive way. Too much power has accrued to the Office and if we stay on this path we could someday elect a dictator who decides to stay. So I also define Trump by what he intends to stop as much as I do by what he intends to actually do.
At this point, Trump is all that stands between us and Hillary. He isn’t perfect, but I believe he has started a movement that won’t be stopped. I also believed he has matured as a person and as a leader. No one could endure what he has and not be changed.
Ultimately, I believe it will be those within government that help stop our destruction. People who join the FBI don’t do so out of a love of crime and disrespect. Our military should never be misused to further a selfish political agenda. There are many loyal Americans who are sick of the lies and the cover ups.
The road to recovery began with the movement started by Trump.
Whether he wins the Presidency or not, the movement will endure. Heroes will rise and tyrants will fall. According to Churchill, the Battle of Britain in World War II represented Britain’s finest hour. It was a seemingly hopeless situation but in the end ‘never was so much owed by so many to so few.’ With God’s help, I believe America’s finest hour is at hand. It will be an hour when we, too, will find ourselves owing much to very few.