South Carolina Tea Party Convention Will Feature Top GOP Candidates
Several top GOP presidential contenders will be heading to Myrtle Beach January 16th through 18th to speak at the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Convention held at Springmaid Beach Resort.
Republican candidates attending the event include: Donald Trump, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, Dr. Ben Carson, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Carly Fiorina, and former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania.
The scheduled speaking times are as follows:
Mike Huckabee at 11:20 a.m. Jan 16
Ted Cruz at 2:20 p.m. Jan 16
Donald Trump at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 16
Carly Fiorina at 11:20 a.m. Jan. 17
Rick Santorum at 2:20 p.m. Jan. 17
Dr. Ben Carson at 11:20 a.m. Jan. 18
The SCTP Coalition Convention is critical in the 2016 election for several reasons.
First, this event is the perfect opportunity for each candidate to share his/her vision and policies with the public, especially since they have very limited time to do so in the GOP debates. Each candidate is given a 40-minute slot-20 minutes speaking plus 20 minutes Q & A.
Second, the convention is held approximately two weeks before the Iowa Caucus and one month before the South Carolina Primary. Therefore, it is the ideal time for each candidate to get out his/her message before residents in these two critical states cast their votes.
Third, South Carolina has historically been a crucial state in the GOP nomination process. With the exception of 2012, the winner of the South Carolina GOP Primary has gone on to become the Republican nominee in the General Election.
Last, the convention is significant for the GOP candidates to rally the grassroots. The people who attend this event are incredibly knowledgeable and very engaged in the political process. These are the folks who go out and knock on doors, make phone calls, and use social media to promote their candidate of choice. Therefore, the GOP contenders have this opportunity to network with the people who are willing to operate for them on the ground.
The convention’s Executive Producer, Joe Dugan, says he has three rules for speakers:
- “Political Correctness” is not allowed in the building.
- Take the gloves off and tell the whole truth.
- The information all speakers share must be based on verifiable facts.
The 2016 convention also focuses heavily on national security, cyber security, and immigration. Several top-notch experts are scheduled to speak at this event (including PolitiChicks Editor Ann-Marie Murrell):
- Kevin D. Freeman: One of the world’s leading experts on the issues of Economic Warfare and Financial Terrorism.
- James A. Lyons, Jr. U.S. Navy Retired: As an Officer of the U.S. Navy for thirty-six years, most recently as Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet, the largest single military command in the world.
- Clare Lopez: A strategic policy and intelligence expert with a focus on Middle East, national defense, WMD, and counterterrorism issues.
- Col. Bill Cowan (retired): Retired USMC Lieutenant Colonel, accomplished public speaker on matters of national security and terrorism, and a contributor for the Fox News Channel. Cowan was involved in some of the most famous hostage rescues of the Middle East.
- Major General Gary Harrell: Retired U.S. Army Maj. General Gary Harrell served 34 years with the 82nd Airborne Division, Special Forces.
- Jessica M. Vaughan: Director of Policy Studies for the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington, DC-based research institute that examines the impact of immigration on American society and educates policymakers and opinion leaders on immigration issues.
- Suzanne Shattuck: As a nurse, Suzanne noticed the alarming number of patients from numerous countries who required translation services in order to be properly treated. Researching refugee and immigrant information led her to the Center for Immigration Studies and Refugee Resettlement Watch.
Other event speakers are Conservative political analysts and media experts whose focus includes- exposing the deceit in D.C., and the propaganda machine within the mainstream media. Speakers will also be sharing winning strategies for the upcoming election:
- Steve Bannon: Executive Chairman of Breitbart News Network.
- Ann-Marie Murrell: Our very own CEO/Editor-in-Chief of PolitiChicks.com.
- Trevor Loudon: Author of the book “Enemies Within,” Trevor is also the founder and editor of org, a rapidly growing website with the goal of unlocking the covert side of U.S.
- AWR Hawkins, Ph. D.: AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News. He was awarded Journalist of the Year 2015 by the Second Amendment Foundation.
- David Webb: A nightly radio show host and Fox News contributor, David Webb is emerging as one of the country’s most prominent African-American conservative media pundits. His radio show on SiriusXM, “The David Webb Show.
- Peter Schweizer: A consultant to the Office of Presidential Speechwriting in the White House. He has also served as a member of the Ultra-terrorism Study Group at the U.S. government’s Sandia National Laboratory and is a former consultant to NBC News. Peter is the author of the book Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets.
More than 40 phenomenal speakers will address the convention, including:
NC Congressman Mark Meadows
Alan Wilson, Attorney General (SC)
David Azerrad, Ph.D.
Jeff Duncan, US Representative (SC)
GA Senator David Perdue
Jenny Beth Martin
Kris Anne Hall
Colin D. Heaton
Tickets must be purchased in advance online: http://southcarolinateapartycoalition.com
The event will also be on live-stream vie Luke and Jo Anne Livingston’s Ground Floor Video for the three days from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at: http://livestream.com/gfv/scteaparty