Hillary Clinton collapsed into a “uncontrollable coughing fit” during a recent campaign speech in Iowa. But as we are learning, this is far from an isolated incident for the 68 year-old Clinton, who suffers from hypothyroidism and uses prescription blood thinners following a 2012 head injury.
Matt Drudge suggested Hillary suffers from a serious health issue after witnessing her shocking coughing fit during her Benghazi testimony on October 22, 2015. But Matt Drudge apparently is unaware of Hillary Clinton’s long – and never discussed – history of strange coughing fits going back at least seven years to 2008. Ben Shapiro has described one of Hillary’s 2008 incidents. But there are actually many more:
- A coughing fit interrupted Hillary’s February 3, 2008 interview at “This Week” on ABC, and even drew concern from host (and Hillary crony) George Stephanopolous.
- Just two days later, it happened again. The leftwing Huffington Post reported that “Hillary Clinton had to cut short an interview on San Francisco television this morning because of a troubling coughing fit.”
- And then just weeks later, it happened yet again. New Yorker magazine reports, “During a foreign-policy speech … Clinton broke into a spasm of coughing … and then briefly lost her voice.”
Following these multiple incidents in 2008 in public speeches on the campaign trail, little is publicly recorded about Hillary’s coughing episodes until 2012. This makes sense – in a campaign, there are more public appearances, under more rigorous conditions, requiring more speeches than as Secretary of State.
Hillary’s return to the campaign trail reveals that these nagging coughing spells are back, or perhaps never left. Nonetheless, she has been hacking away as Secretary of State, too:
- The famous White House Situation Room photo on the raid on Osama Bin Laden show Hillary covering her mouth in what was initially considered as shock, but later it was revealed as Hillary coughing.
- In July 2012, following a public appearance in Vietnam, ABC printed the headline, “Hillary Clinton Beset by Coughing Fit in Hanoi”. ABC described how, during a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce delegation, Hillary “began coughing uncontrollably” during a speech.
Hillary’s coughing fits are neither trivial nor rare. They are debilitating, uncontrollable and chronic starting at least as far back as eight years ago. A friendly Mainstream Media routinely describes them as “uncontrollable”, to the point they can cut short her speeches and interviews. It’s time Hillary Clinton – already under prescription medicine for a head injury – provide some honest and forthright answers about her hidden and troubling medical condition.