Central Banks: The Problem or the Solution?
The attached 5 minute video beautifully recaps the overriding sentiments expressed by all the speakers at The Jackson Hole Summit, which was held August 27-29, 2015, and hosted by the American Principles Project.
Some of the thoughts presented in the video include:
- America’s monetary system is our Achilles Heal;
- The central banks are the problem;
- We need to get the FED out of bank regulation;
- The Federal Reserve System is a private banking system;
- They are trying to fine tune a model that is clearly not working;
- The FED has kept interest rates at zero for 7 years;
- What ever the FED is currently doing, it is not working for young people;
- Central banks see it differently, for them money is to be used as an instrument of government policy; and
- The courts won’t touch the FED and the presidency is afraid of the FED, so it is the 4th branch of government.
The theme of the Summit was Central Banks: The Problem or The Solution? After watching the video, this writer believes you will come to the conclusion that Central Banks are absolutely the problem. Now that this major national problem has been clearly identified, what’s next?
What’s next is a definite, doable Call To Action that lays out, in a step by step manner, how to solve the problem that is our monetary system. This is the big piece that is still missing in virtually all the discussions that are currently being aired. However, in my 09/04/15 article, Federal Reserve CALLED OUT at Jackson Hole Summit, I discussed this very topic and presented some ideas on how to begin this most necessary process.