My purse is a pink leather Valentino tote that I absolutely fell in love with this spring! I LOVE pink and this color was so soft and fabulous I couldn’t resist! It is that one purchase that you save for and then finally splurge. I usually only make one really big (expensive) fashion purchase a year, and this one was it!
1. WysiWipe – Multi purpose cloths. These are sooo cool! They look like little round tablets in the package, but once you take them out, you add a couple of drops of water and they become full size disposable hand cloths. I take them out at restaurants and always get a laugh. You can get them at the Container Store. They cost about $2.00 for 12.
2. Kate Spade wallet in turquoise. It can hold all of my credit cards, cash and coupons. I love it because everything is easy to access.
3. My guardian angel. This was given to me by my best friend Cindy McDonald. It has the figure of an angel encased in clear plastic. I can carry her in my purse, my pocket or just in my hand and the feel of the soft surface between my fingers is enough to calm me down if I have high anxiety.
4. Tom Ford “cat-eye” sunglasses. These are sooo retro, I love them! They remind me of the 1950’s and the glamour that you saw on the French Rivera during the Cannes Film Festival back in the glory days of Hollywood. I get compliments on them everywhere I go from both young and old. The cat-eye style is flattering on most facial shapes.
5. “What Women Really Want” ballpoint pen. Thanks to Ann-Marie, I can now carry a pen that advertises our book and writes out checks at the same time!
6. Marc Jacobs lipstick in the color “Role Play”. This is from a new cosmetic line that is sold at Sephora. The color is a neutral beige/mauve that is just subtle enough to wear everyday. I wore it on “Huckabee” and even the makeup artist asked what the color was so she could buy it!
7. Chanel lipstick liner in “Spice”. This is a great color to line your lips with before applying your lipstick. As we age we need to line our lips to keep lipstick from “bleeding” out and settling into lines. I always find that my lip color last much longer when I line and fill in my lips first. This color is darker than my lipstick but it provides a great base for a beautiful lip.
8. Static Guard – How many of us have had the “clings” with silk shirts, dresses or pants? I always carry this in case I find that my clothes become too “attached” to me! It happened in NY because of the winds whipping around the corner stirring up static. A couple of sprays and all was good!
You can get it anywhere.
9. Mackenzie-Childs reading glasses. I can’t see up close and I can’t see far away. Getting older sucks! These glasses have a cool Harlequin pattern and they enable me to read the fine print in my contracts! You can get them online at Mackenzie-Childs website.
10. Texas Pete hot sauce! Yes indeedy! I always carry a packet to spice up the bland food that they give you on airlines. I add it to eggs on early morning flights, pizzas and other food during afternoon and evening flights. I LOVE any kind of hot sauce, so I never go without it.
11. Yves St. Laurent Poudre Compacte. This is a wonderful face powder that you can use to revitalize your face without a lot of effort. Just use the puff to gently give your face a new matte finish. It takes away shine and covers any signs of fatigue under your eyes. I like it because it is so light that it doesn’t “grab” under your eyes. It doesn’t look like makeup at all.
12. My concealed carry cards for Nevada and Florida which allows me to carry a gun in my purse in a number of states. NOT California however, which is why you don’t see a gun!