Sure, those psychotic barbarians are committing mass murders, beheading children, cutting little boys in half, crucifying Christians, and running innocents out of Iraq. Sure, they have beheaded American journalist James Foley, and even had the audacity to post it on the Internet.
But what’s all that got to do with me? Why should I care about this ISIS crisis anyway? After all, the Middle East is so far away, and I’m perfectly safe in my little nook right here in the U.S.
Which Candidate Do You Support in the Republican Primaries?
Sure, they may threaten us, but our government will take care of it.
Unfortunately, this very same complacency many Americans have toward ISIS today is the very same complacency we (myself included) had about al Qaeda right before September 11th, 2001.
However, here’s exactly why every American should care about the terror group, ISIS:
- If you are an American, you symbolize everything ISIS hates. ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) is a bloodthirsty terror group that is hell-bent on establishing an Islamic Caliphate (a single oppressive theocratic government), not just in the Middle East, but eventually, around the entire world. If you are an American, you stand in the way of ISIS’s ultimate goal. Because you are an American, you stand for freedom, and freedom is their greatest obstacle. Because you are an American, they want to slaughter you…yes, even if you have that cute little “coexist” bumper sticker plastered on the back of your car.
- ISIS is the richest terrorist organization in history. Yes, they now have more money than al qaeda. ISIS has nearly $2 million pouring in everyday from the oilfields they’ve captured in recent months…plenty of money to arm themselves, train, and slaughter more innocents. Also, they are said to have looted Mosul banks when they captured the Iraqi town in June. Reports at the time suggested the group’s fighters may have made off with over $200 million. They are also thought to earn up to $5 million a month through extortion of local businesses. Private donations from supporters in the Gulf also contribute to their funding. Last but certainly NOT least, ISIS was also part of those Syrian “rebels” the Obama administration gave weapons to and funded with YOUR tax dollars. Yes, you and I have funded the very group that is so hell-bent on destroying us.
- ISIS is heavily armed. First of all, nearly every fighter reportedly has three sets of M16 rifles and body armor captured from Syrian and Iraqi government forces. ISIS is also using tanks and many other sophisticated military weapons seized from Iraqi depots. Some reports say they may also have a small number of helicopters.
- ISIS is growing exponentially. ISIS began as a ‘rag tag’ crew with nearly 800 members. However, it has become very organized with between 7 to 12,000 fighters, expanding its size exponentially in just four years. Many members of other terrorist organizations (like al qaeda) are also reported to be leaving those groups to join ISIS. Therefore, ISIS is not just some unruly terrorist gang– it’s an Army, and a very serious threat.
- ISIS is recruiting in the West. In fact, many ISIS fighters are reported to be British. Not to mention Douglas McAuthor McCain, the American who died just last weekend in Syria while fighting for ISIS (which makes us wonder how many more Americans are being recruited at this very moment). ISIS is using the Internet –through YouTube videos, Facebook and Twitter to recruit new members. Of course, the brutal beheading of James Foley was the ‘height’ of their PR campaign.
- They are already here in the U.S. At least they claim to be by the chilling pictures they’ve supposedly taken in front of the White House, and in cities like Chicago and Charlotte. John McCain and Lindsey Graham also stated that hundreds of Muslim Americans desiring to fight with ISIS have trained in the Middle East and returned home to the U.S. At least 100 of them are being tracked now. Just let that sink in for a minute. It only took 19 al qaeda members to kill 3,000 Americans.
- ISIS loves our wide-open borders. It’s obvious that the U.S. has some serious porous border problems. If Mexican drug cartels can easily pour into our country, I’m sure ISIS can too if they really wanted.
- ISIS warned the U.S. Just like al Qaeda, ISIS has alerted us of their plans for the U.S. In fact, ISIS caliph (leader) Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi, said to a GITMO guard before he was released from prison, “See you in New York.” The British Muslim terrorist who murdered James Foley also warned the president, “Any attempt by you, Obama, to deny the Muslims their rights of living in safety under the Islamic Caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people.” Judging by what ISIS did to Foley, it’s pretty safe to assume that they aren’t joking.
- President Wishy-Washy. ISIS’s recent blood bath doesn’t fit into the Obama administration’s narrative that President Wonderful’s dashing personality has healed the waters, brought peace to the world, and ended the ‘war on terror’ once and for all. ISIS’s very existence forces Obama to admit that his foreign policy has failed. It’s no wonder he called ISIS a “JV team” just a few months ago. While Obama’s all ‘wish-washy’ when it comes to terrorists, ISIS continues to grow, and our borders are still very porous.
Like so many other Americans, I’m a very busy mom who has little time to deal with some crazy extremist terrorist group like ISIS in the Middle East. Yet, I am paying attention to this bloodthirsty group full of rabid animals. Not to be fearful (because that’s what they want—for us to live in fear). But to be prepared. For anything. At any time. As a mom, and as an American citizen, that’s part of my job.
The reality is that there are over 50 million legal gun owners in America (including myself). Not to mention the fact that there are about 21.2 million veterans in the U.S. who are willing to defend their country once again from the likes of these Islamic extremist cowards.
ISIS should fear us, not the other way around. However, we still have to pay attention before they catch us off guard.
Wake up, America!