In many ways, they did.
In many ways, they need to again. They need to get back to basics.
I’m often asked why a non-American is so invested in ensuring America is strong by remaining the country it has traditionally been, and preserving the role it has traditionally played.
The answer more than ever before is obvious. It comes as no surprise to me that at a time when America is retreating and reducing its military footprint, both Russia and China are aggressively expanding.
America is not perfect, but it is the best thing we have.
Without a robust America, the world is a weak and dangerous place.
Some may consider this smarmy rhetoric, but the likely consequences (some of which have already begun, or shown signs of beginning in recent times) of a fallen America would include:
- Tyrants in Africa emboldened;
- Nations such as Taiwan and Australia under threat;
- An attempt to recreate the former Russian/Soviet empire;
- Islamists would take over many Muslim-majority countries;
- Terrorism would reign, entirely unhinged and unimpaired;
- Latin American countries struggling to create democratic institutions would fall to anti-democratic regimes;
- The UN would be even more hospitable to evil;
- Potential nuclear war in the Middle East as Iran attempts to destroy Israel.
Let it be clear: it is in the interests of everyone everywhere that America remains capable of subduing evil. Like it or not, America is the only country capable of keeping civilization, of being the guardian against chaos. From its founding, America has seen itself as having a moral mission.
I firmly believe that saving America is the greatest moral imperative of our time.
If conservative Americans can match their actions with their principles, then there will be a renaissance. America will boomerang.
It’s time for a new conservative revolution. Don’t raise the white flag; raise the red, white and blue one.
Let’s forge a new American generation that guarantees the American Dream for another 200 years.
It’s the one boomerang the entire world is watching.