Truth Is the Greatest Enemy of the State
Regarding the Internal Revenue Service targeting the Tea Party, Conservative and Christian groups, a Congressional investigation has been launched. Congressman Paul Ryan, in an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, says this investigation is just beginning.
One of the key witnesses has been Steven Miller, the former Acting Commissioner of the IRS who resigned as a result of this fiasco.
If you watched any of the hearings, you probably saw that Miller was very disrespectful toward the Committee members during the Congressional hearings—and chock full of “I don’t know” and “I can’t remember” statements. He was pathetic. There is an old legal maneuver to say “I can’t remember” to protect the guilty.
The IRS identified two rogue employees in the agency’s Cincinnati office as being principally responsible for the overly aggressive handling of requests by conservative groups for tax-exempt status. Blaming it on two rogue employees? Wretched!
“We’re not political”, said one determinations staffer in khakis as he left work late Tuesday afternoon. “We people on the local level are doing what we are supposed to do. . . . That’s why there are so many people here who are flustered. Everything comes from the top. We don’t have any authority to make those decisions without someone signing off on them. There has to be a directive.”
The three stars of the day were Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI), Congress Mike Kelly (R-PA) and Congressman Dave Reichert (R-WA).
Congressman Paul Ryan asked Miller, How can we not conclude that you mislead this Committee?
Miller smugly replied, Sir, that was a lot of questions, Sir.
Congressman Ryan replied that it was only one question.
Congressman Congressman Mike Kelly‘s turn with Miller:
“…You know what? They (the IRS) can do almost anything they want to anybody they want at any time they want. This is very chilling for the American people….You should be outraged (Mr. Miller), but you’re not. The American people should be outraged and they are…. Is there any limit to the scope of where you folks can go?….Is there any question you shouldn’t have asked? My goodness! ‘How much money do you have in your wallet?’ ‘Who do you get e-mails from?’ ‘Whose (political) sign do you put up in your front yard?’ This is a tax question?…I just think the American people have seen what’s going on right now in their government. This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all of America.”
Watch Commissioner Miller outright lie when questioned by Congressman Dave Reichert:
Congressman Reichert: Mr. Miller, you’re the Commissioner. Who’s responsible? You conducted the investigation. Who was responsible?
Mr. Miller: I don’t have that name, Sir.
Congressman Reichert: Well, why don’t you have it? Have you asked anybody?
Mr. Miller: Yes.
Congressman Reichert: Who did you ask?
Mr. Miller: I don’t have that name either. I’ll be glad to provide those names….
Congressman Reichert: Who did you ask?
Mr. Miller: I asked the Senior Technical Advisor
Congressman Reichert: And what is the Senior Technical Advisor’s name?
Mr. Miller: Nancy Marks
Congressman Reichert: And what did Nancy tell you? Who’s responsible?
Mr. Miller: That I don’t remember to be honest with you.
Congressman Reichert: You don’t remember again.
Take a look at Mr. Miller’s facial expression when asked the last question. Play dumb and deny, deny, deny! As Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels said, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Did you get the last part of the last sentence above? “…the truth is the greatest enemy of the state.” That has been the across the board mantra for President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder for four and a half years.
Mr. Miller is not the only one who appears to be lying. White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, says he never lies. Again, the mantra of this administration is rooted in Nazi Propagandist Gobbels’s chant which was …the truth is the greatest enemy of the state.
Mr. Miller is like a man caught in bed with another woman by his wife and he tells her, It’s not what you think. Nothing is happening here! What you think you see isn’t happening! This is the President Bill Clinton excuse.
Sometimes what is not seen is just as important as what is seen.
What we have seen:
- During the 2012 campaign season, the IRS targeted Franklin Graham’s Samaritan’s Purse, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association after they promoted biblical values and traditional marriage in newspaper ads and other advertisements. It was the first time in the history of the ministry it had been audited.
- In 2008, shortly after Obama was elected to his first term, the IRS notified Bill Donohue of the Catholic League that they were under investigation. Donohue states, What the IRS did not know was that I had proof who contacted them to launch the investigation: Catholics United, a George Soros-funded Catholic organization.
- Dr. Hendershott is a well-respected professor and sociologist who writes and comments on Catholic issues. In 2010, and thereafter, she came out in opposition to Obamacare. She criticized liberal Catholic groups and President Obama, an act which she believes provoked an IRS audit.During her audit, the IRS demanded to know who was financing her work, and what their politics were.
- According to Breitbart.com, there was an aggressive investigation in 2010 of a new pro-Israel group, Z Street. Z Street was started as a conservative counterweight to the Obama administration’s favored pro-Israel group, the left-wing J Street. The leaders of Z Street were alarmed when their application for non-profit status with the IRS was subject to additional scrutiny, including probing questions about the group’s views that indicated a high degree of skepticism–not toward the group’s non-profit eligibility, but towards its substantive beliefs.
Remarkably, when challenged to explain its aggressive investigation, the IRS cited the possibility that Z Street might be involved in funding terrorism.
Z Street is now suing the IRS. The Tea Party might be the next to sue.
What we have not seen:
So while we have seen evidence that the IRS has targeted and stonewalled pro-Israel groups, Christian groups and Conservative/Patriot groups, have we seen or heard of evidence that Islamic and pro-Islam groups have been targeted by the IRS. We know that over the past decade there has been a proliferation of mosques built throughout the U.S. Just a few miles from where I live, a new mosque is being built as well as in a Nashville suburb, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and numerous other American communities. These Islamic mosques and supposed community outreach entities are also tax exempt in nature, but strangely, we have not heard anything about their tax exempt status being stonewalled.
In fact, it appears that if you are a Muslim or a pro-Islamic organization and anything but Jewish, Christian or a Conservative/Patriot, you are placed on a fast track for approval.
- An IRS official, Lois Lerner, issued an approval within a month after Abon’go “Roy’ Malik Obama’s group filed for a tax exemption status. Obama’s half-brother’s questionable charity, the Barack H. Obama Foundation, set an unprecedented approval process time frame as opposed to other Conservative organizations who have been waiting for as long as three years. Even more appalling is that she granted the foundation tax-exempt status retroactive to 2008 when the organization was illegally raising funds. The retroactive status prevents him from being in violation of Federal tax laws.
This is further proof that this administration is anti-Constitution, anti -Christian, anti-Jew and pro-Islam. Clearly, the President does not like Christians and favors Islam.
What does Obama know and when did he know it?
A Brietbart.com headline reads, NYT: Obama Administration knew of IRS scandal 5 months before the election. The article goes on to say, “In no uncertain terms and with no hedging, The New York Times reports that the Obama administration was aware of the fact that the IRS was targeting Tea Party groups as far back as June of 2012. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General confirmed that he told senior Treasury officials in June of 2012, a full five months before Election Day.”
But Obama claims to have recently found out through the media, yet we just learned that he met with Colleen Kelly, the anti-Tea Party IRS union chief, the day before the IRS targeted the Tea Party.
Remember two things:
- …the truth is the greatest enemy of the state.
- Taquiyya: Lying and cheating in the Arab world is not really a moral matter but a method of safeguarding honor and status, avoiding shame, and at all times exploiting possibilities….If honor so demands, lies and cheating may become absolute imperatives. It is used to outwit the opponent, role play as a victim and manipulate, even under oath and despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
The two enemies are criminals and government. So let us tie the second one down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first. – Thomas Jefferson