I cannot lie…this really infuriates me. Of all the unjust policies written by the Obama administration over the past four years, the HHS mandate FORCING Christians to provide contraceptives, sterilizations, and chemical abortions against their will, is unconscionable to me. How can a so-called “Christian” president ever so blatantly violate the religious freedoms of his own spiritual siblings?
Now, Christian-owned businesses like Hobby Lobby are forced to defy the federal government in order to remain true to their religious beliefs, at enormous risk and financial cost.
“Hobby Lobby is wholly owned and controlled by the Green family, who are evangelical Christians. The Greens are committed to running their business in accordance with their Christian faith, believing that God wants them to conduct their professional business in accordance with the family’s understanding of the Bible. Hobby Lobby’s mission statement includes, “Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company … consistent with Biblical principles.”
The HHS Mandate has already gone into effect as of Jan. 1, 2013. However, on December 28, 2012, Hobby Lobby announced that they “will not comply with this mandate to become complicit in abortion,” which the Greens believe ends an innocent human life. From
Given Hobby Lobby’s size (it has 572 stores employing more than 13,000 people), by violating the HHS Mandate, it will be subject to over $1.3 million in fines per day. That means over $40 million in fines in January alone. If their case takes another ten months to get before the Supreme Court—which would be the earliest it could get there under the normal order of business—the company would incur almost a half-billion dollars in fines.”
We already understand President Obama’s stance on birth control or abortion. We’ve actually heard him call an unwanted, unborn child “punishment”. We know he’s perfectly comfortable with unborn children being eradicated by Planned Parenthood–but we’d think he would at least take a stand to “secure” the religious freedoms of his fellow Christians. He just doesn’t seem very interested—which brings many of us to question whether or not President Obama is even a Bible-believing Christian at all.
We already know how he openly mocked Christians during his 2008 presidential campaign. Addressing his San Francisco audience, he remarked how they “bitterly cling to their guns and their religion”. This raised a ‘red flag’ among Christians who believed he was one of them.
Many were willing to give (then) Senator Barack Obama the benefit of the doubt, taking him at his word that he was indeed, a Bible-believer (who just happened to sit in the radical, America-hating Reverend Jeremiah Wright’s church for over 20 years, somehow without hearing one single word of hate Reverend Wright was spewing).
But actions speak much louder than words, especially since Barack Obama has been elected as our president. Not only do the Obama administration’s policies make us all wonder if he is even a Christian at all, but they make many of us question whether or not he actually has disdain for his fellow Christ-followers.
For argument’s sake, let’s just take a step back and look at many of the actions his administration has taken to understand why so many Americans have come to the conclusion that Obama is the most anti-Christian “Christian” president in U.S. history:
- Most Bible-following Christians believe that life begins at conception, and they stand for the protection of (unborn) human life. Obama has not only helped propagate abortion, but even as a United States Senator, he desired absolutely no restrictions on abortions and their providers (including practices where babies who actually survive abortion–are left in utility closets to die without any treatment). Now as president, through his new healthcare law mandates, Obama is forcing Christians to actually provide abortions against their own conscience (as already mentioned).
- Obama has been working to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, known as D.O.M.A., which was made law to protect the most important institution in existence, the family, despite the fact that the vast majority of Americans believe it is necessary to protect marriage and family, which is based in Biblical truth.
- The administration has tirelessly pushed its “class warfare” rhetoric, oftentimes falsely demonizing “the rich,”claiming that their wealth was only acquired by exploiting and taking from the downtrodden (and not by the hard work of their own hands, which has most often been the case.) For the past four years, his gospel of “class warfare” has been creating hatred and division among the “haves” and the “have not’s,” even within the Christian community. Stirring up hate, dissatisfaction, and especially envy, the Obama administration has been very successful at seducing Americans away from their inner dependency on God, and creating a massive voting bloc of people who are dependent on government instead.
- Obama’s expansive Nanny State also interferes with the proper role of the parent. The Bible places the responsibility of raising children on their parents, not on society, or on the civil government. So, the more the administration’s big government programs ‘step in’ to take on the role of the father (or mother), the less the parent is taking on the responsibility that the Bible has clearly delegated to them. In many cases, the Nanny State is even luring fathers out of the homes, creating single-parent environments. We can clearly see how the breakdown of the family unit is destroying our nation.
- Since the founding of our nation, churches have used charity as a way to spread the Good News of Christ to those in need. Charity is given in Christ’s name to not only meet the needs of the poor, but to spread and evangelize God’s Kingdom through our witnesses and shared blessings. But President Obama sees charity as government’s responsibility, erasing the need for Christ through his entitlement programs. Over the past four years, government has increasingly become god, giver of all blessings. Needless to say, this god of government is leading our nation right into the cesspool of moral decay.
- Obama repealed the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy within all the military branches of the United States, despite overwhelming factual evidence as well as common sense that this action would severely damage the cohesiveness of the military. Obviously, cohesiveness is crucial for the military to operate. Without it, we will become second rate, and defense of the U.S. National Security will be greatly compromised.
- The administration used every devious trick to pass through its unjust healthcare law, even though there are terrible aspects of this law including: the appointment of a “death panel” (IPAB-Independent Payment Advisory Board to determine whether our seniors are cost effective enough to medically treat or not) which now actually has more legislative power than Congress.
- Obama is selling out the National Security of the United States to the Russians, despite of his moral obligation as president to keep Americans safe. Now that he has the “flexibility” he promised Russian Prime Minister Putin he’d have after his reelection, he has already begun steps to reduce our nuclear weaponry.
- Obama has also been successful in changing the Bush administration’s rule that protected healthcare workers who will not participate in medical activities that violate their consciences.
- When speaking at Georgetown University (April 2009), Obama ordered that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name to be covered when he making a speech. For a “Christian” president, one would think he’d want our Savior to be glorified.
- In 2009, as a calculated insult, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican. Of course, the Vatican, not surprisingly, rejected all three ambassadors.
- In May 2009, President Obama refused to host an official service in the White House for the federally established National Day of Prayer. The National Day of Prayer was first established in 1952 by President Harry Truman, and every president since Ronald Reagan has participated in it. Obama is the first president to refuse participation.
- On October 18, 2010, when quoting the Declaration of Independence, Obama intentionally excluded the phrase “the Creator”. He stated: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain unalienable rights…” (This was of course, passed off as a “mistake” by the White House Press.)
- Another revisionism Obama used was in November 2010, when he used the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus Unum,” which means Out of many, one,” rather than “In God we trust” as established by federal law.
- Obama has openly supported the passage of non-discrimination law that would remove all conscience protections in hiring in both the public and private works. This is most damaging to religious organizations whose hiring frequently includes individuals who lives are consistent with Christian principles and teachings.
- In February 2012, the Obama administration announced that a change to the existing student loan forgiveness program whereby student loans are forgiven in exchange for public service. Under this administration’s new rule, student loans will no longer be forgiven in exchange for public service if that public service is related to religion (even though public service is a vital part of religious organizations). This is a rather odd policy for a so-called “Christian” president.
- Under the Obama administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs (June 2011) censored prayers during funeral services at the Houston National Cemetery by banning the names “God” and “Jesus”.
- Under the Obama administration, the U.S. Air Force cancelled a nuclear missile training course (August 2011) at a base in California taught for more than 20 years by military chaplains because the course included Christian content.
- Under the Obama administration, the Commander at Walter Reed National Military Center issued guidelines in September 2011 stating: “No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading material, and/or artifacts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit.” Fortunately, several congressmen denounced the guidelines on the House floor, and the guidelines were immediately rescinded.
- In an opposite way the Christian religion is being hindered (in the military) by this administration, The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO (November 2011) spent $80,000 to build a “small Stonehenge-like circle of boulders” as an outdoor worship center for earth-based” religions-pagans, wiccans, druids, and witches.
- Under the Obama administration, the Air Force removed the Latin phrase “Opus Dei,” which means “Work of God,” from the patch of the Rapid Capabilities Office.
- Under the Obama administration, the Army ordered Catholic chaplains (in February 2012) not to read a letter at Catholic masses that their Archbishop instructed them to read from the pulpit.
These are only just a few of the assaults that our “Christian” president has launched on his fellow Christian siblings. If he has done all this in just the first four years, I don’t want to imagine what offenses he is planning in his next term.
Even Obama’s radical pastor Jeremiah Wright told author Edward Klein:
“And even after Barack and Michelle came to the church, their kids weren’t raised in church like you raise other kids in Sunday school. No. Church is not their thing. It never was their thing….But, the church was an integral part of Barack’s politics. Because he needed that black base.”
Sounds like Obama’s own pastor (of twenty years) may actually doubt that Obama ever really “bought” into the whole Christianity thing.
So, here we are today, with the most anti-Christian “Christian” president in U.S. history whose administration is creating policies that violate our religious freedoms. What on earth do we Bible-believers do now? Well, I’m no priest or a preacher, but this is what I personally plan to do in 2013:
First of all, I need to remind myself that God is still in control. Daniel 2:21 says, “He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them.”I can’t help but to believe that God has a specific purpose for this particular season in our history. It’s a matter of trusting Him to guide us through the turbulence, even when we don’t understand the “why” or the “how”. In the meantime, I will pray for our president, that he has a change of heart.
Secondly, I am committed to spreading the Good News, in spite of opposition. I am a stumbling sinner, just like everyone else. But thankfully, we have a compassionate and benevolent Creator who loves each one of us in spite of ourselves. As Christians, it is vital (now more than ever) to continue sharing this message with others, at all costs.
Thirdly, I will stand firmly with fellow Christians (i.e. Hobby Lobby) in the non-compliance of unconstitutional laws that violate our religious liberties. If we all don’t stand together now, we will all soon be living under the dark cloud of tyranny. This is our (all Bible-believing Christians) very moment to unite as one body.
“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.” 2 Corinthians 3:17.