The Silver Lining of Obama
I have a confession to make. I started writing this article BEFORE Election Day. I was so confident that Mitt Romney would be our next president, and that our economy would begin ‘rebooting’ on Nov. 7th—that I wanted to make a farewell “ode” to President Obama in celebration. I wanted to share my gratitude for all the AMAZING things that did happen over the past four years of his presidency:
- Many of us freedom-loving Americans began networking all across the country, sharing information and building solid alliances.
- Many Americans actually became passionate about their freedom for the very first time.
- We, as Americans, began learning or relearning about our Founding principles, getting educated about America’s history, about our Founding Fathers, about our Constitution, and we even began educating our friends and families.
- Many of us learned to push ourselves outside of our comfort zones. I know I sure did.
- Many of us found our voices that we never knew we had.
- Many of us examined our own beliefs and convictions and learned how to stand by them through thick and thin.
- Many of us learned not to just “buy” into the mainstream media, but to do our own homework and dig deeper into the facts.
- Many of us actually began creating the NEW MEDIA, rising to the occasion to become citizen journalists, using social media as a way to awaken our fellow Americans.
- Many of us embraced our Second Amendment rights, bought weapons for the very first time, and took concealed weapons courses. Now, many of us are armed and ready to protect our own families.
- Many of us developed disaster awareness plans, and learned how to prepare in the event of any potential disaster.
- Many of us fell head-over-heals in love with our country. At least I know I sure did.
- Most of all, many of us have deepened our faith and learned how to trust God through this four-year turbulence.
As self-made multimillionaire W. Clement Stone once so eloquently stated, “When life hands you a lemon, squeeze it and make lemonade.” Many of us sure learned how to make some serious lemonade after the 2008 election, no doubt.
However, I personally (in my own pride) was finished with all the lemonade making when it came to this president. So, needless to say, I was in complete SHOCK when I woke up on November 7th to find we had another four years of his sour tart policies.
Only, the stakes are much higher this time around and here are a few reasons why:
We are now headed off of a fiscal cliff, looking more and more like Greece by the day with small businesses that can no longer afford to keep their doors open.
Massive layoffs that have already begun since the day after the election and a second-term Obama means more people want free stuff than their own freedom (how sad).
Taxmageddon is about to hit us ALL in January.
There is now very little chance of ever having Obamacare repealed (that in itself is a complete nightmare).
The HHS mandates now force employers to provide contraception and abortion pills for employees, violating their religious freedom.
The Obama administration is now supporting the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty, which threatens our Second Amendment rights.
Our terrorist enemies have become stronger and emboldened over the past four years.
The Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing programs are devaluing the dollar, causing gas and food prices to skyrocket.
The obscene EPA regulations are closing down coalmines and other small businesses, putting even more people out of work.
The Obama administration still continues to cover-up the Benghazi attack and finds scapegoats for its own negligence.
We have a dangerous mainstream media that places its Left-wing agenda ahead of the facts.
The administration is leading our nation into a deeper level of moral depravity.
Americans are all incredibly dispirited and more divided than ever and some states are even threatening to secede from the Union.
Bottom line, our Republic is hanging by a thread.
To be honest, it’s very difficult to find the silver lining when we are looking at this second-term Obama Cloud. But there is hope out there, even if we can’t see it with our own human eyes right now. Sometimes it takes an ominous cloud in order to find that silver lining–and, since this hovering cloud looks pretty darn big, we can bet that the silver lining is as well!
Right now, I believe that the silver lining is GOD and GOD alone. Yes, this nation could very well come crashing down around us in the next four years–but our GOD is still with His children. He has promised us: “ I know the plans I have for you, plans for welfare and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
At this point, I have absolutely NO faith in man, especially any man in Washington. But I still trust our loving and benevolent Creator Who holds you and me in the very palm of His hand. He promises us hope, even as we stand in the midst of this storm.
Romans 8:28 says: “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
I don’t know exactly what God has in store for our nation. But I do know His plan is much more perfect than any plan I could possibly think up in my own flawed human mind. I still trust that He is behind the scenes, working all things together for our own good, even though I don’t fully understand. I also know our sorrows and sufferings aren’t going unnoticed by Him.
You and I, we will get up and put one foot in front of the other, just as we have always done. You and I will soon begin seeing tiny glimpses of our Silver Lining at work. We just have to keep our eyes wide open. This may be all we’ve really got at this point… yet it is more than enough!