“The Kindergarten of Eden” by Evan Sayet: A PolitiChick Review
Recently my friend Evan Sayet sent me the first 96 pages of his (then unedited) book, The Kindergarten of Eden. I was on my way to an appointment but decided I would take a quick glance before leaving.
I had to reschedule my meeting.
Not since Mark Levin’s Liberty and Tyranny have I been so drawn in like that, reading political concepts I had never heard of before. I ended up taking notes on every page for Evan (and for myself).
The Kindergarten of Eden is not a book about your father’s JFK-style Democrats. Sayet begs to ask the question, “What is the Democrat’s beef with God?” And then he presents his answers. Brilliantly.
Evan’s Modern Liberal theory (see his Heritage Foundation video here) is broken down into two distinct types: the True Believer and his Mindless Foot Soldier. Both are dangerous and both are thriving in today’s Democrat Party.
The Kindergarten of Eden is a valuable tool not only for this election but especially after, when Americans are going to have to be more vigilant than ever in making sure this country never gets so out of control again. Sayet’s book should be taught in every college and university in America—but, sigh, dammit…
“Since the True Believer in Modern Liberalism’s goal is the total regression of man back to his first days on earth, it wasn’t enough for the Modern Liberal to simply ignore God and science: he had to become their enemy. He had to seek a world not only without them, but a world in opposition to them. In order to return man to Eden, the Modern Liberal had to reverse all of mankind’s progress, attacking all that history had accomplished, and undoing all that Athens and Jerusalem — reason and faith — had ever or would ever create. Note Voltaire’s recognition that Rousseau’s efforts were “against” the human race, and the results were to have everyone “crawl around on all fours.”
“To reverse the course of humanity, the True Believers had to turn everything on its head, literally changing the very meaning of life and the purpose of man’s day-to-day existence. Whereas Western Civilization was predicated on a person using his allotted days to better himself, without God or science the Modern Liberal had neither the mandate nor the means to do so. In fact, the Modern Liberal was taught from his birth to never seek to better himself in any way. Instead, in the Modern Liberal era, the child was instructed to only and always just be himself.”
You can order a copy of The Kindergarten of Eden on Evan’s website, EvanSayet.com. I want to close with what I hope will get you to buy this book immediately: the Table of Contents. The titles are as brilliant as the content—and I guarantee there are theories and ideas in The Kindergarten of Eden that you have never heard a political pundit put so perfectly into words.
- CHAPTER 1 Explanation 1: Death of Work & Quest to Remake Garden of Eden……. 31
- PROGRESSIVE REGRESSION….. 31
- THE PURPOSE OF PURPOSELESSNESS….. 31
- A POINTLESS POINT-OF-VIEW….. 32
- FOREVER (VERY) YOUNG….. 33
- I WILL SURVIVE….. 34
- AN OVERVIEW FROM THE BOTTOM….. 35
- OH-HEIGH, OH-HEIGH IT’S HOME FROM WORK STAY I….. 36
- WHAT TO DO WHEN THERE’S NOTHING TO DO….. 37
- GEE THIS EVIL TASTES GOOD….. 37
- CHAPTER 2 Trying To Be Happy Without Work……. 39
- LEFT IN THE DUST….. 39
- IT’S THEIR PARTY AND I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO….. 40
- THE POOR, RICH DEMOCRAT….. 41
- THE WORK, THE WORKIN’ JUST THE WORKIN’ LIFE….. 43
- FEAR AND LOATHING OF EARNED WAGES….. 44
- LOOK OUT, HE’S GONNA EXPLODE!….. 45
- IF YOU’RE SO SMART, WHY AIN’T YOU RICH AND, IF YOU’RE SO RICH, WHY AIN’T YOU SMART?….. 46
- I’M A VICTIM, YOU’RE A VICTIM, HE’S A VICTIM, SHE’S A VICTIM WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO BE A VICTIM, TOO?….. 47
- THE VICTIM PRINCE OF BEL AIRE….. 48
- CULTURE WAR, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?….. 49 CONCLUSION….. 50