We’ve been hearing so much about the Republican’s so-called ‘war on women’, that it has already become cliché. The Democrats continue to accuse Republicans of robbing them of their FREE ‘healthcare’ (aka: FREE contraception), and their right to have an abortion on demand. We all got it, to the point of nausea.
Yet, all of this nonsense still does not distract Americans from the assault that is happening not only to women, but EVERY American. I am talking about the plundering of our pocketbooks. And unfortunately, much of the plundering is coming directly from the White House. Here are six ways President Obama’s economic policies are invading our wallets:
1. First of all, the National Debt Clock has just hit $16 trillion. While President George W. Bush did add 4.5 trillion to it (in the 8 years he was in office), President Obama has already added over $5 trillion in just 3.5 years. To put this into perspective, he has added more to our national debt (in under 4 years) than our first 42 presidents, combined!
The $16 trillion national debt means my 5-year old daughter already owes over $51,000, simply for being born in the U.S. Before she even gets started in life, she already has to ‘pay her fair share,’ as President Obama likes to put it. Lord knows how much she’ll owe if he gets another four years. The $16 trillion debt is economic slavery, and our Founding Fathers tried to warn us about this.
Yet, the administration continues its spending like a drunken sailor–throwing our taxpayer money at; bankrupted ‘green energy’ programs; useless stimulus packages; Obamacare, growing Medicaid, food stamps; many other entitlement programs and wasteful projects. Worst of all, it uses our taxpayer to fund nations that absolutely HATE us.
2.The Obama Administration has had its ‘boot on the throat’ of every small business–ever since he’s been in office. Between all the burdensome regulations, the anticipated ‘taxmageddon’ in 2013, ‘Obamacare’ mandates, and ‘class warfare’ rhetoric, many businesses are simply not hiring. They are too intimidated and uncertain about their business’s future to expand their production. Needless to say, it’s no wonder the unemployment rate has remained above 8% for the past 43 months.
Approximately 23 million Americans out of work or looking for work. Discouraged, many have simply given up even looking. Many of these Americans also happen to be women. Being out of work is simply devastating to our families. And how has our president responded to our pain? You guessed it– by going golfing every other day, partying with his elitist Hollywood pals, or jetting off with his family on luxury vacations.
Unfortunately for us, many economists and business leaders say “Mr. Obama’s declining economy is not going to get significantly better this year, next year or the year after that, until there are dramatic changes in the nation’s fiscal policies. Changes Obama Democrats refuse to make.”
3. ‘Obamacare’ is certainly another assault on our pocketbooks. Between its ever-rising price tag (now, at $2.3 trillion—and growing), 18 new taxes, HHS mandates, and 10,000 plus pages of costly regulations, every American will be carrying the heavy burden of this new spending bill, whether we like it or not. The monstrosity that the health care law (2700 pages) is, it doesn’t even have much to do with healthcare at all. As Supreme Court Justice John Roberts has even concluded, “It is a ‘tax!!’”—And a HUGE one at that!
4. The Obama Administration has certainly dropped a bomb on us at the gas pump. Average gas prices have gone from $1.81 when President Obama took office, to $3.80 today. These skyrocketing fuel prices are no thanks to the administration’s ‘green energy’ policies, EPA regulations, and resistance to drilling on our own soil.
These rising fuel costs have also spilled over into our grocery bills. As fuel prices rise, so do grocery prices, since transportation costs make up a large percentage of food costs. Coffee, for instance, is up 40 percent. Celery is 28 percent higher while butter prices rose 26.4 percent. These increases are causing a major strain in family budgets. Finding cheap food today is becoming nearly impossible.
So, it’s no wonder over 46 million Americans are on now on food stamps. Many Americans can no longer afford to feed their families. When President Obama took office in January 2009, an average of 32 million Americans were signed up to receive the food supplement. Over 14 million more Americans have been added to the program, in less than four years. This staggering increase in food stamp usage is a sign of failed economic policies.
5. Since President Obama has been in office, Americans’ wealth has certainly taken a swift nose-dive. Americans have actually seen their wealth decline by 40% since 2009. While much of this can be blamed on the housing bubble, President Obama’s policies (overtaxing, overregulating, ‘class warfare’ rhetoric) only seem to have exacerbated the problem.
6. President Obama’s ‘spread the wealth around’ fantasy is certainly becoming a reality through the Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing programs (QE1 to QE3– printing money). These programs do ‘pump’ (worthless) money into the ailing economy, but they are unchecked green lights that destroy the dollar (inflation). While Americans (who still have jobs) are working harder than ever now, they can afford to buy less and less. This is due to inflation. The average income is declining, but the cost of living is still rising (gas, food, clothing, etc.). Destroying the dollar does what’s called, ‘leveling the playing field.’ It brings America down to lower ‘standard of living,’ so that she’s more ‘even’ with poorer nations.
Between the $16 trillion national debt, continued above 8% unemployment rate, Obamacare, increased taxes, costly regulations, new government mandates, the skyrocketing gas and food prices, and inflation, America’s pocketbook is certainly being plundered. Whether by inexperience, or by design, this plundering is coming straight from President Obama’s economic policies. Unless we change course soon, there will soon be no change left in our pocketbooks.