- As you well know, James Comey inserted himself into the chain of events related to President Trump. Comey’s actions, which included his breaking of the law by leaking gov’t documents, are now in question and under review by the Special Counsel.
- The Special Counsel is Mueller. As you can see, Mueller has an “unusual friendship” with Comey.
- The problem is that Mueller has to judge his friend. That is not supposed to happen.
- There is a law, which provides the following: § 45.2 “Disqualification arising from personal or political relationship. . . no employee shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with.”
- It is important to note that this article about their friendship was written 4 years before this issue arose – so it was not politically motivated as to this issue. Mueller is Comey’s long time friend – period.
- Some people say, Mueller is a fine and trusted man by both sides. However,
- THAT DOES NOT MATTER. The U.S. was to be a system of laws NOT of “trusted men.” That is the most basic element of a system based on the rule of law.
- Mueller’s actions are in direct contradiction to that standard. I don’t care what he has done in the past – I know what he is doing now. He is engaging in an investigation that will not be trusted – as such he is damaging our country. This should not be about him or whether he is good enough. He has made it so -and for that . . .
- He should step down or be fired.
If you cannot understand the above, I feel bad for our Country.
Trending Now on Politichicks
Sorry. No data so far.