With November mid-terms coming up, Obama, Holder, and company really hope everyone will overlook the following about Fast & Furious:
- Despite claims to have the most “transparent” administration on record just minutes before Holder was to be held in contempt by Congress, President Obama uses executive privilege to protect his friend.
- DOJ attorneys ask the courts for yet another extension (pass the Midterms of 2014) to delay turning over requested (15,000) documents to Judicial Watch.
- The Mexican government was never alerted of the gun running operation called Fast and Furious. They were however, aware and participated in Operation Wide Receiver under the Bush administration. AG Holder likes to forget that important distinction when touting “Bush did it too”.
- On December 14, 2010 within minutes of the event occurring, Eric Holder’s then-deputy chief of staff Monty Wilkerson was informed by Arizona U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke, the guns used in the shooting death of border patrol agent Brian Terry was in fact guns used in Operation Fast and Furious.
- In front of the House Oversight Committee in May 2011, AG Holder told Chairman Darrell Issa during testimony that he only heard about Operation Fast and Furious in an email correspondence and not before then. During the discovery of 15,000 correspondences by Judicial Watch, emails uncovered showed that not only did AG Holder know extensively about Fast and Furious he also discussed the operation with his wife, Sharon Malone about being involved. Obviously this is not consistent with his testimony in front of Congress stating he knew nothing about the operation.
- Documents obtained by Judicial Watch also show AG Holder crafting the talking points to explain the gun running operation he alleges to have known little about.
- A gang shooting that occurred in 2013 at a Phoenix, Arizona apartment complex was carried out using AK47 assault rifles tied to Operation Fast and Furious. The DOJ under AG Holder’s direction concealed the incident until Judicial Watch submitted a FOIA request, where the link was uncovered in documents held in the evidence of the crime.
- Key players involved in Fast and Furious including upper leadership of ATF and the DOJ have never been punished for their involvement in the gun running operation or subsequent cover up. Some have been promoted while others were only relocated to other positions.
- The main stream media and liberal cable news outlets have little or no coverage of the events of Fast and Furious and often labeled the investigation nothing more than a “GOP witch hunt”. CBS reporter Sheryl Atkinson was the only exception and she was harassed and threatened to stay quiet and not investigate any stories that may shed light on the cover up by the Obama administration.
- Democrats in Congress facing re-election in the November 2014 Midterms that failed to vote against holding Eric Holding in contempt in 2012: ALL OF THEM!