During her Values Voter Summit speech in Washington D.C. Friday, Palin mistakenly said 1400 instead of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue referring to the White House address. It didn’t take long for liberal reporters and social media to jump on the chance to deride the former governor of Alaska for her blunder.
Perhaps, it’s time for a trip down memory lane at all the many gaffes our own President has made who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue:
- “I have now been in 57 states, I think one left to go.” (Oregon, 2008 on the campaign trial)
- “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.” (Obama sees dead people- New Mexico speech,)
- Obama mispronounces a Navy sailors name and pronounces “corpsman” as “corpse-man.” (National Prayer Breakfast, Feb. 2010)
- “We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad,” -Barack Obama (Sept. 2011)
- “When I meet with world leaders, what’s striking — whether it’s in Europe or here in Asia…” (Mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011.)
- “When Aretha first told us what R-S-P-E-C-T meant to her, she had no idea it would become a rallying cry for African-Americans, and women, and then everyone who felt marginalized because of what they looked like or who they loved.” (Obama at White House event honoring Aretha Franklin- March, 2014.)
Mistakes happen and are made on either side of the political aisle. It’s just a matter of which ones will actually make the headlines by the left-leaning and biased main stream media. Sarah Palin’s remark on Friday seems to highlight her own gaffe headlines:
“You’re the Americans that the media loves to hate, but, you know, I think there – there’s a book out there that maybe some of them just haven’t really understood and in it, it says, consider it pure joy, my sisters and brothers, when you suffer trials of many kinds. And considering the trials that the media dumps on you, this is the most joyful room in Washington.”
Trending Now on Politichicks
Sorry. No data so far.