Review, EYES ON TARGET: INSIDE STORIES FROM THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE U.S. Navy SEALS INCLUDING SEAL HEROISM DURING THE 9/11 ATTACK ON BENGHAZI
With the revelation by Vice President Joe Biden that U.S. Navy SEAL Team 6 was responsible for the 2011 raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout, the popularity of SEAL culture has been thrown into the spotlight of the American mainstream. From the popularity of hit movie “Lone Survivor” and best-selling books as “American Sniper”, the Navy SEALS have carved a unique and inspiring culture of hard work, loyalty, and service that is currently threat under the Obama Administration.
Written by New York Times best-selling authors Richard Miniter and Scott McEwen, EYES ON TARGET (Center Street, 2014) examines the inside history, revelry, and bravery that comprise the SEALS. Originating from the military’s need to develop better amphibious landings after the disastrous Pearl Harbor attacks, the SEALS were born via founding godfather Phil H. Bucklew.
EYES ON TARGET also includes:
· Exclusive interviews with current and former SEALS
· New details on the case of Carl Higbie, and the bureaucracy and politics he faced in his attempts to catch a SEAL killer
· The most comprehensive timeline leading up to the events in Benghazi on 09/11/2012, and five alternate rescue scenarios using the input of Navy pilots, SEALS, intelligence sources, and new details on the raid.
· The revelation that the very culture that strengthens the SEALS is being threatened by the Obama Administration, wanting them to be more politically correct
· Inspiring and patriotic stories of heroism, and appreciation for the opportunities and freedoms that the military fights for
· The comprehensive story of Operation Red Wings (the movie upon which “Lone Survivor” is based, including new details and revelations not previously uncovered.
EYES ON TARGET also includes the most comprehensive timeline on the Benghazi tragedy, and explores several alternate rescue scenarios that could have saved the lives of Ambassador Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty and Sean Smith
EYES ON TARGET is a well-written book for anyone interested in heroism, history and patriotism.
The SEAL code encompasses the following:
• Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate
• Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield
• Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit
• Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates
• Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation
• Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies
• Earn your Trident everyday
EYES ON TARGET is available at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and other retailers.
Rated 10 stars out of 10!