In your recent interview with The New Yorker, you stated that your plummeting poll numbers are a result of “[the fact] that there’s (sic) some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President.” Well, there may very well be some folks like that. However, could it be that many people, having had the opportunity to experience five years of your leadership, just plain do not approve of your policies? Perhaps many of us, most of us older, white (and other) voters knew enough not to vote for you in the first place. We realized that leftist economic and social policies (which you advocate and have shoved down our throats like we thought you would) just don’t work, and often make problems worse. Your policies and behavior in office have been even worse than expected and your approval ratings are a just reflection of your performance in office. What could be causing your low poll numbers, if not racism? Here are a few possibilities:
1) You allowed Americans to die in Benghazi without support that was available. You could not even be bothered to stay up that night to stay informed; then, you hopped a plane to Vegas for a fundraiser the next day. In addition, you and your administration lied to the American people about the attack and led us to believe that you had no idea that it was a planned terrorist attack.
2) You lied about the Affordable Care Act – leading Americans to believe that they would be able to keep the health insurance policies they liked even though you knew that many of these policies would not be ACA compliant, causing them to be cancelled.
3) Many believed that you would be the first “post-racial” president, and you talked a good game during the campaign. Unfortunately, you have been more like the “most-racial” president, repeatedly dividing us into opposing racial camps with your rhetoric and with the actions of your administration.
4) Your administration has presided over “five years of grinding double-digit real unemployment – the worst ‘recovery’ in history…,” and refuse to consider that your poor polices are contributing to our economic problems. And while the majority of us have to pinch pennies to pay the bills and cannot even consider an expensive vacation, you spend millions of dollars on lovely trips for you and your family.
5) You and your administration are spiteful and vindictive when you don’t get your way. The American people will not forget the attempt to bar our veterans from the DC memorials as you tried to make “life as difficult for people as [you could]” during the government shutdown last fall.
Frankly, Mr. President, your statement is insulting. To claim that most white people who disapprove of you do so because of racism implies that they are not able to see beyond race and analyze the policies of the people they vote for. Do you honestly think that a white president with your record would have a higher approval rating? I think not. He would have been out on his ear in 2012, especially if he were a Republican without the fawning media to cover for him like Democrats get. Your low approval rating has nothing to do with your race, so stop making race an issue. Your policies and your behavior have earned those poll numbers for you. It’s time for you to stop blaming other people and take responsibility for the mess you have made. It’s what real leaders do.