At the beginning of October, I wrote a PolitiChicks article explaining six reasons why I’m a Romney Girl, which include: 1. He’s American success story. 2. He’s very charitable. 3. He understands the FED problem. 4. He’s our last ditch effort to dump Obamacare. 5. He supports Israel. 6. He’s……well, he’s not Obama.
Romney not only has proven leadership and business experience, he also has the servant’s heart that is so desperately needed in Washington right now.
Today, I have at least five more reasons that reaffirm my conviction that Romney’s the right man to be our next president.
1. Mitt Romney Is Presidential Material
If you watched any of the presidential debates, you saw a ‘class act’ from the Republican candidate. He was calm, courteous, and knowledgeable on the important issues. He was thoughtful, prepared, and convicted in his arguments. Yet, he was very gracious toward the sitting president. Mitt Romney truly respects the ‘office of the presidency’, and it reflected in the debates.
Most of all, that “evil” Republican candidate (who “starred” in all the Pro-Obama ads for so many months) turned out to be…..well, rather warm and likeable.
2. Romney Has The Right Tools To Fix The Economy
Indeed, President Obama did inherit a terrible economy when he took office.
But unfortunately, many of his big government programs have made the economy much worse. Between the increased tax burdens, heavy regulations, and soaring IRS audits on small businesses, the job creators are having a difficult time keeping their doors open these days.
While small businesses are the engine of job creation in this country, President Obama’s big bureaucracy has done its best to stifle them. Needless to say, the economy is growing at a snail’s pace, and more and more middle class Americans are being squeezed into poverty. Today, we have:
- 23 million Americans who are still unemployed or underemployed.
- 47 million Americans now on food stamps (up 14 million since 2009).
- A 32% jump in welfare spending since 2008.
- Every newborn child now owing $51,000 to the national debt.
- Two downgrades of the U.S.’s credit rating.
- Health insurance premiums increased over $3,000 per year.
- Inflation causing skyrocketing prices of gas, food, clothing, etc.
- Household taxes increasing $4,100 beginning January 2013.
However, Romney “gets” that it is hardworking Americans in the private sector who will achieve economic growth and job creation. His five-point plan helps to strengthen the private sector, end the declining incomes and rising prices, and helps to create 12 million jobs. (Click HERE to read his VERY CLEAR Jobs Plan.)
Government is to be “a servant for our good,” to help “secure” our rights that are given to us by our Creator– including the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. All of these liberties are protected through the “separation of powers” and “checks and balances” of the U.S. constitution.
As President Reagan once so eloquently stated,
“It’s government’s first duty to protect the people, not run their lives.”
However, over the past four years, we have seen the very fabric of the Constitution dismantled, and our precious freedoms violated through many devastating actions of the Obama administration, which include:
- The Obamacare HHS mandates that force Christians to violate their conscience to provide birth control, sterilizations, and abortion pills against their will.
- Obamacare’s appointment of a death panel (IPAB) which transfers legislative power to 15 unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats. Obamacare subordinates Congress to this board, which is a gross violation of governing principles laid out by our Founding Fathers.
- Excessive taxes that are crushing middle class Americans (through the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, Obamacare taxes, and the hidden tax of inflation). Some taxes are necessary in order for government can carry out its responsibilities.
However, every time that taxes increase, a little more freedom is taken away from us (we have a little less freedom to decide how we want to spend our own hard-earned money).
- Crippling regulations that are punishing job creators, and stifling their ability to run their own businesses.
- Aggressive implementation of the U.N.’s Agenda 21 program, which threatens property rights of all Americans.
- Threatening of our Second Amendment rights. With the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty, Americans’ arms are now up for grabs by the ‘powers that be’ on the global stage. Obama has also nominated justices who have already begun chipping away at concealed-carry laws. Nor should we forget his promise in 2011 to push for gun control “under the radar.” The Fast and Furious debacle-certainly appears as an attempt to justify new gun regulation, only to end up killing over 300 people– including U.S. Border Agent, Brian Terry.
These are just a few gross violations of individual freedom we’ve seen over the past four years. Needless to say, voting for Mitt Romney is a mandate to Washington that it is time to stop serving itself at the expense of our liberties. Even if Romney is elected, ‘We the People’ must stay vigilant in preserving these freedoms for our children and grandchildren.
4. National Defense
Our federal government has a moral obligation to defend us against foreign attackers who only want to kill, conquer and subjugate us.
Therefore, President Obama should be commended for the killing of ‘evil’ Osama Bin Laden. Yet, his other actions as “Commander-in-chief” are quite frightening.
First of all, we are now witnessing the unfolding of his Benghazi disaster. We now have confirmation that:
- Four Americans were killed in the 9/11 Benghazi terrorist attack.
- The White House was warned by Libyan officials- 48 hours beforehand that an attack was eminent, but refused to send military backup.
- The White House actually watched the attack in real time, by drone.
- Requests for backup were refused 3 separate times during the 7-hour attack.
- Emails confirmed the White House was fully aware that it was indeed, a terrorist attack –at the time of the attack.
- It is very likely that the weapons used to kill our fellow Americans were weapons the administration actually supplied to Libyan rebels (who happened to be al qaeda members).
Although the White House knew it was a terrorist attack, it spent two weeks blaming the attack on a ‘you-tube’ video. As a result, an American filmmaker now sits in prison, which should frighten the daylights out of every First Amendment-loving citizen.
At the end of the day, the White House blatantly lied to the American people.
Secondly, while making devastating cuts to our own military, the Obama administration is spending billions of American taxpayer dollars to support and fund the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization that promotes Sharia Law (which encourages beating women for minor offenses, “honor killings” and certain kinds of child molestation). I thought Obama was a staunch advocate for women’s rights? Under rule of the Muslim Brotherhood, animals are treated much better than women.
Not to mention the fact that the objective of the Muslim Brotherhood is to conquer the West and establish a global Islamic caliphate–so much for the administration’s moral obligation to defend us from those who want to conquer and subjugate us.
In addition, the White House has emboldened many of our terrorist enemies through its weakness and arrogance. Reporter Lara Logan recently made the strong case that the White House is downplaying the strength of our enemies:
“You’re not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script. Our enemies are writing the story, and there’s no happy ending for us.”
On the other hand, Mitt Romney demonstrates vast knowledge in the rising threat of terrorism, and what the Middle East uprisings mean for U.S. citizens. Instead of the policy of apology and appeasement, Romney takes the peace through strength approach. (CLICK HERE to read more about Romney’s national defense plan.)
One of the basic rights endowed by our Creator, is the right to life. Therefore, it only makes sense to want to elect leaders who understand they are held accountable (to our Creator) for protecting and securing the lives of our fellow citizens, including the elderly, the handicapped, and the unborn.
Romney at least pays lip service to human life. But there’s no question where president Obama stands on abortion. First of all, he openly supports the brutal partial-birth abortion procedure (where a living, kicking baby is delivered up to the neck, has scissors jammed into the back of his or her scull, and then has his or her brains sucked out).
Secondly, he voted three times against the Born-alive Infant Protection Act as an Illinois state senator. This means he favored having newborn babies (who actually survived abortion) left in utility rooms to die all alone. It’s bad enough he doesn’t value human life when it’s inside the womb, but it’s unconscionable that he is so detached to life once it’s brought into the world.
In addition, his new healthcare law forces Christians to provide sterilizations and abortion pills to employees against their own conscience.
Not to mention the fact that the new healthcare law appoints a 15-member unelected, unaccountable board that determines whether an elderly person is ‘cost-effective’ enough to live or die. If Obamacare is not repealed we all eventually become subjects to this death panel.
No. It’s simply NOT true that Mitt Romney wants to take women’s reproductive rights away from them. But he DOES want to help create more jobs so women can afford to pay for their own birth control.
Four years ago, millions of good Americans stayed home on Election Day. How did that work out for them? Well, it resulted in: high unemployment rates; a big government takeover of student loans, car companies, banks, and the entire healthcare system; two downgraded credit ratings; a prolonged sputtering economy; a loss of numerous freedoms; emboldening of our enemies; and a government-appointed death panel. These are just a few consequences that result when good Americans choose NOT to use their voting privilege.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer once stated, “Not to act is to act.” Therefore, not to vote IS to vote!
If you choose not to vote, you are actually voting for your own loss of liberty. Think about that before sitting home this November 6th.