“A free and balanced media are crucial to the health of this country. It is your duty as journalists – as outlined in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Code of Ethics – to ‘distinguish between advocacy and news reporting,’ while simultaneously ‘seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues.’ An Open Letter to the Biased News Media, Brent Bozell, President of the Media Research Center
When I read this quote today, signed by Brent Bozell and 20 other well-known Conservative leaders asking the public to “tune out the liberal media,” my first reaction was to climb to the rooftop and scream, “I am as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!”
While I would have liked to bleep out the actor’s line where he uses God’s name in vain, his statement pretty much sums up what a lot of Conservatives are thinking today. The difference is that Network was filmed in the 70s and it’s so much worse in 2012.
Bozell’s letter so aptly states:
“You have breached the public trust by willfully turning a blind eye to the government’s public policy failures, both domestic and foreign, while openly and shamefully smearing Gov. Mitt Romney. You are:
• Painting conservative ideas as extreme, while refusing to report the disastrous consequences of liberal programs enacted since 2008.
• Submerging the truly horrendous economic conditions America is facing and focusing only on minor political issues.
• Characterizing conservatives as cruel budget ‘slashers’ instead of responsible officials trying to avoid a debt catastrophe.
• Focusing on alleged shortcomings in Romney’s business record instead of Obama’s record as the chief executive, whose policies contributed to a failed economy.
• Deliberately covering up embarrassing government failures and scandals, including the Solyndra debacle, Fast & Furious, and national security leaks which have put American lives in jeopardy.
• Pouncing on real and perceived missteps by conservatives, portraying them as bumbling incompetents, while suppressing embarrassing and incendiary remarks made by Vice President Joe Biden to prevent him from becoming a liability.
• Portraying conservative opposition to tax hikes as an impediment to deficit reduction while failing to highlight how liberal tax increase policies will cause massive damage to the economy and cause the deficit to explode.
• ‘Fact-checking’ conservatives in order to discredit their arguments while regularly refusing to “fact-check” liberals who are distorting the truth.”
The letter ends by urging their members to find alternative sources for news in order to make a well-informed and intelligent decision before November.
Fox News states, “According to NewsBusters, part of MRC, the letter was directed at the heads of ABC News, NBC News, CBS News and CNN.”
Immediately after the 2008 election, the liberal media was gloating because their messiah had come. The campaign crowds for President Obama were the likes of which none of us had ever seen. It was almost cult-like and seemed as if they were eerily worshiping a false god. It was unnerving seeing people crying and falling down to the ground as though Jesus Christ Himself was standing before them
Some believe Obama is very charismatic and uses his Teleprompters and his charisma to manipulate crowds. Yes, the man can deliver a prepared package like no advertiser on Fifth Avenue can but if this is the sole reason why his popularity remains so high then we have a nation of idiots (no offense intended to my liberal friends).
But for a moment, let’s forget the leftist agenda he has pursued since he has been in office. What about high unemployment and the thousands of small businesses that no longer exist? What about his broken promises? Are people under some kind of spell, or have they been hit over the head with a Stupid Stick?
Gee, could the liberal media have anything to do with his popularity? Then there is the question: Is he really as popular as the polls indicate? Recent Conservative news commentators have indicated that the polls are skewed, stacked with three Democrats to two Republicans. No surprise from the liberal media there.
In 2008 “objective journalist” Chris Matthews of MSNBC talked about that (icky) “thrill going up his leg” because of Obama. Matthews went on to say that it had “nothing to do with politics” and that this was his own “objective assessment.”
An ‘objective assessment’—seriously? In whose opinion, Mr. “Journalist” Matthews–your own? Obviously. Obama’s campaign rhetoric really hasn’t changed all that much except at the Democrat Convention in 2008, it was all about him while the 2012 DNC Convention was supposedly all about us. Uh huh.
Obama has ZERO new ideas but he does have many broken promises. Some of those include:
- Transparency; no more secrets
- No more pork barrel projects
- Public will have viewing access to meetings where laws are written
- Bills will be posted on the Internet. Public will have five days to look at them before they are passed. We will know what’s in it.
- Meetings between lobbyists and a government agency posted on line
- Tax bills being debated, we will know the names of the corporations and how much money they will get
And remember Nancy Pelosi’s Greatest Hit when she said, “we have to pass it to find out what’s in it”? You didn’t have cotton in your ears. She really said that!
Other broken promises:
- Obama said that there would be a $500,000 cap on executive compensation of corporations that would receive our tax dollars, which this administration later reversed.
- Closing Gitmo (not that I agree with that)
- 35,000 to 50,000 troops released. Less than 50 days from election, we learn that 33,000 are coming home, almost four years after that promise
Instead of “seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues,” they have gone overboard in doing just the opposite to keep their anti-colonialist “messiah” in office. Shock and awe!
The polls are a huge part of the media attempting to demoralize Conservative voters to stay home on Election Day. According to their polls, Obama’s chances of re-election are great and his popularity is high.
Recent Conservative news commentators have indicated that the polls are skewed. In a recent interview, when Conservative radio show commentator, Rick Amato asked Scott Rasmussen to comment on reports of polling services over skewing in favor democratic voters, Rasmussen responded:
“Look I have had Romney, Obama very tight for a very long time and so have Gallup and just about every other polling service out there. Gallup uses ‘registered’ voters I use ‘likely’ voters. When Gallup moves to ‘likely’ voters (which they will do closer to the election) then you will see Romney move up by 3-4 points in their poll. But it is a tight race and likely will continue to be and I think everyone is showing that. This election is far from being wrapped up. I know democratic advisers who think they have it in the bag. They could be very disappointed on Election Day. Likewise I know republican advisers who feel the same way. They too could be disappointed.”
“The Society of Professional Journalists’ Code of Ethics is to ‘distinguish between advocacy and news reporting while simultaneously seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues.’ “
Do you think the biased liberal media will ever honor their journalistic code?
Only an optimist would think that journalists graduating from socialist leaning universities would throw out what they learned in order to present an unbiased political reflection.